phoenix

Tarnagulla Speci, D I Y Furnace And First Pour

That's beyond cool!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, davsgold said:

End result is a 2 oz ingot

What a great video, a step by step guide... They don't make molds in the size I'd need to melt down my gold 🙂

• Haha 1

Good stuff. I lived in Tarna for several years and know it like the back of my hand. Great little place. Shame it's lost it Caravan park/fuel and a couple of its shops. Just a pub and Post office now. Ironbark country, love it. I found a leader there years ago and got several ounces out of it in species that looked exactly, and I mean exactly, like that one. Still have one as keepsake. Wonderful tract of country through there, actually from Inglewood all the way through to Talbot. Ill post a pic of that specie when I find it, given I hang around that is. In 2 minds at present. Well done mate.

• Like 3

Wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its 2019 and i think they just started to  imported those tool in France not that they have to much gold but to melt jewellery i guess....

RR

• Like 2

That's a great project and results. Thanks for sharing.

A quick bath in pool acid (muriatic) will clean up all the staining on your ingot. I pour a little bit into a plastic gold pan and swirl it around the ingot and it comes out bright and shiny. A gallon of the acid is only a couple dollars where I live.

• Like 4

Phoenix, That beautiful/ugly specimen ended up producing almost a half ounce of gold for you.  You enjoyed the hunt, enjoyed the find with a shitty grin when digging it up and now you learned how to make your own gold bars.  Detecting is one of the most enjoyable hobbies out there.  Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great job on your first pour Phoenix

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By AUddicted
      A friend of mine showed me what he believes is a small grinding device used for gold ore sampling.
      Anyone have any info on this?
      Thanks

• By PG-Prospecting
      Not exactly a gold prospecting video, but it still deals with placer gold.  
      My fiance and I decided to make our wedding bands from the gold that i have found in Virginia.  At first we tried actual forging, which was way to hard and required to many specialized tools.  So after a little more research we decided to try sand casting.  This process required a few tools, but none were very expensive, and this process was easier to do.  That being said it took about 10 failed attempts to make her ring and 1 failed attempt to make mine.  Something to note is that the smaller and more intricate the item you are trying to cast the harder it is to get it to work properly.  
      This video is just of making my band.  All in all i am very happy with the results and i actually like the little dimples and imperfection that are in the band, it gives it character, and since im not perfect my band shouldnt be either lol.  (FYI her band is perfect because she is lol)   
      Hope yall enjoy the video.  Thanks for watching.  

• By garikfox
      Hi everyone, I'm concerned my 5 x 1oz Gold eagles could be fake
      I inherited these from my mother. Her late husband purchased 30 of them.
      They pass the "ring" test. They pass the size test. But...they don't pass the weight test... 
      Around 19g ea. on all of them (real eagles weigh about 33g ea.). I'm probably going to take them to a local jeweler soon.
      My question is we probably know these are fake so is it worth melting these down to get what gold is in these out of them?

• By Bugler
      I sent in a sample to two different assayers out of the same sample batch and received two very different results.
      One assayer returned results of 0 Au and 0 Ag.  The other assayer returned results of .68 Au/ton and .36 Ag/ton.
      Anyone have some serious thoughts on what would cause this?
      Both assayers are professionals with 30+ years of experience.
      Bugler
    • By Ramis bozo
      Hi, Is it possible to obtain silver and gold metal of the Byzantine and Roman period iron ore?

• By tboykin
      http://www.pbs.org/weta/roughscience/series3/treasure/extract.html