Advice On New Coil For F44

I have a new sharpshooter, but now I want to replace the factory coil on my F44. The one that came with the machine is the teardrop,not a big fan of it. Looking for one roughly the same size or a bit bigger that would out perform it.Thoughts??

HH to all!

The stock coil is a 7"x11" concentric.  I don't think you can buy a 3rd party aftermarket concentric coil, just DDs.  The Nel Sharpshooter at 5.5" x 9.5" has you covered for a medium sized coil.  If Detech makes a version of their Ultimate (13" diameter) that is compatible with the F44, IMO that would be a good large coil choice.  Works great on my Fisher F75 and I just bought a used one for my sister to put on her White's MXT.  Those are quite lightweight for their size.  (Thanks to Simon=phrunt for tipping me off to the Ultimate.)

Here's Detech's website and they don't mention that the Ultimate has an F44 version, but they do have F4 and F5 version(s) so it's worth contacting them about it.

https://www.detechusa.com/product/detech-ultimate-13-vlf-coil/

9B19D3D7-EF77-4742-A71A-C8212FA62D23.jpeg

• Like 3

If you have a sharpshooter, which is close enough to 11 "DD standard Fisher coil .. F44 has ground balance ,,, then I would go to 13" ultimate .. ".. deep and light coil ..

maj 9 iphone 5S 2019 047_DxO.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GaryM said:

I have looked at the ultimate as one of my choices. Did you see better depth? And does it ID pretty good?

I've noticed no difference in ID with my F75 comparing the stock 7"x11" DD and the 13" Ultimate.  Depth is a strange beast because it depends on many factors, including ground mineralization.  (Small coils see less ground.)  In theory larger coils get greater depth as long as the target object size is large enough to pick up (such as coins).  I think of coil size mostly in terms of ground coverage, which can work both ways -- small coils for trashy ground, and when you are close to fences, etc.; large coils when you want to cover more ground in a fixed time and the ground isn't trashy.

• Like 3

In the 1-3..to4bar Fe3O4 mineralization, the 13 " DD coil will have an advantage over the 11"DD coil in terms of depth detection. Every inch is good .. because it means a good ID, of course. .

At higher levels of mineralization, the results are balanced .. and at 6..7 bar Fe3O4 mineralization you will get better results on an 11 "coil or a slightly smaller coil./5x10"DD, 6x8"DD coils/..

In very small coils ... a  like Nel Snake 3.5x 6.5 "DD..  this size coil   you prove to reduce the level of mineralization-several times..for detector electronics......But deep reach   the 3.5"x6.5"DD Nel Snake coil.. may not be as ideal deep..on coin size..... as in the case of coils size  5x10" or 6x8"DD ...I'll be deeper..

• Like 3

Detech Ultimate gets my vote too if you are looking for depth of detection and really good separation too for a big coil. I have used mine on my F19, Tek Minuteman and my former F44. It works well with a bit better target ID stability too. 

For the F44 and target ID accuracy/stability (not depth) the older 8" round concentric and the 7" round concentric that comes with the F11 are great little coils.

Your Sharpshooter is an excellent coil too and should really help the jumpy numbers that I experienced with both of the stock coils, especially the 11X7" DD.

Jeff 

• Like 3