Has The Sea Ghost Housing Been Discussed On This Forum?

An interesting question, BigSky Guy. The 8-pin coil connector only uses 7 pins, there's a spare. And the 0 Volt/ground of the USB port appears to be connected to one of the coil pins ( transmit cold ). So in principle, the spare pin could connect to the 5 Volt of the USB port. That then allows you to charge the battery through the coil connector.
However, it's worth noting he's used an 8-pin connector for the audio output, even though it only needs 3 pins .... so perhaps he's simply wired all 4 USB pins to that connector ( and just leaving one spare pin )

• Like 1

I assume there's three 18650's in parallel, so if the best available types with 3400 mAh capacity are used, that's 10200 mAh , which is about double the nominal 5000 mAh capacity of the 26650 size. Even if more modest 2400 mAh cells were used, that's still 7200 mAh, with estimated 19 hours run-time.

• Like 1

I think this is a pretty awesome design and nicer than the stock box layout.  Weight  is one concern but not a great one. 

I have also seen where some Vanquish units have been snapping at the stem and not warranted. Could be an expensive but nice solution.  

• 4 months later...

I considered this mod in my first equinox 800, but finally I sold it and get a new one... Only for the warranty. 

Those who have the SeaghostMod, what can you say about the Equinox for diving? Anyone compared it with Excalibur?

Thanks! 

I have tries to  in touch with Sea Ghost with no response as of yet.  Is there a secret to getting him to respond?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By 1515Art
      I know Steve has already posted a direct link to purchase a 6000 protective cover directly from Australia, I just ordered this one off of eBay that claims to be made down under and sold directly from Double D fulfilled by eBay. If you are looking for said metal detector cover here is the eBay link to the Dbl D cover.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/174749279148?hash=item28afde63ac:g:5jQAAOSwi61giRPe
    • By Jerry Perez
      Does anyone have the dimensions for the control box of the Fisher CZ-3D or the Fisher M-66 Valve and Box Locator? I'm looking for a dust rain cover for the Gold Bug 2 and since they don't make the dust cover anymore for he gb2 I'm looking for an alternate solution other than custom making one. It looks like the CZ-3D or the M-66 could be similar dimensions with the GB2 but don't know. Then again I can't find a dust cover for either of them either, geez!
      The Gold Bug 2 control box is: 5" Deep x 3" High x 4.5" Wide
      Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

• By Nvgoldhunter
      good morning and happy new year to all!!
      I'm sure this question has been asked many times in the past, but I was hoping someone could refresh mu memory. I'm currently swinging a gpx 5000 with a commander 15 x 12 mono coil -- ( old school). I wear out the covers a lot and have had problems getting new ones recently---so question is whats the best way to get the most from my covers??? I 've heard truck beeding stuff works good --- make a new bottom from fiberglass --- or ????
      Thanks all good luck
      Marc
    • By kac
      Wanted to give the Multi Kruzer a go with the Superfly coil at the beach. Kept the machine in 5khz, manual ground balance as it would drift with tracking on. Was a little bit noisier in spots compared to the stock but on the damn and dry sand it had excellent depth with very stable numbers. Gain was kept around 93 without issue even in the wet.
      One thing I didn't like is if I got any water behind the scuff it would false a bit but outside of that its a good combo.
      Managed to sneak out a Barber dime at 10" in the damp sand in my my 3 hour run, called it a day when I broke my scoop handle.

• By stevejhgla
      How can I prevent my headphone jack from further corrosion?

A little back story. 
      I'm submerging my equinox 800 about 2-3 times per week in saltwater (Florida gulf coast).  
      Purchased the LS PELSO headphones October 11th (1 week shipping) and as you can see they have already started to corrode. 
      I don't take the headphones out and wash the jack EVERYTIME. (Trying to avoid this)
      Please leave a comment, let me know what you do, and what you think will work for me! 
      Thanks 

• By Ryan
      Well I have now gone through a second GPZ stock coil cover. Has anyone tried out the Nugget Finder coil cover for the 14x13 and if so how have you liked it? I am either looking at one of these or somehow modifying my stock cover to extend the life. If the stock covers were only $10 I could justify the reoccurring cost but at almost $50 ..not really.   Thanks