GPZ And GPX Pricing Compared

8 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

So that lottery they held to decide what number to put on the unit just happened to nail the USA cost?  With that kind of luck there's definitely a better lottery to get involved in!  :biggrin:

I hope forum members get these in their hands soon.  I want to read all about them,... from the cheap seats (where I tend to hang out).

Sales law says the price should be $5999, so I do believe $6000 was very specifically chosen. People who have followed Minelab a long time have seen this model number and price relationship for a long time. It’s not perfect, but in general it does match up, the higher the model number, the higher the price. In this case, spot on.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Sales law says the price should be $5999,

Spot on. But I was told an additional 99 cents 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Keep hashing what you think you should pay for the 6000 and what was paid for the 7000 while I’m waiting for Minelab to drop the price on the 5000 . Who knows we may see the 5000 at a great price the 4500 is now.

Chuck 

The GPX-5000 used to be around $5700 and now is $4000.  I don't see any price drop on the GPX for quite some time.  USA does not have any more GPX-4500's to sell.

The $4000 price point for the GPX-5000 is pretty spot on covering their bases (Minelab) and since so many Relic Hunters back East use the GPX-5000, it's still a good seller.  Heck, Minelab USA ran out of them at Christmas.

• Like 2

Gerry  

I’m sure I’d be hard pressed maybe to find a 4500 but so many dealers are sitting there with a number of 5000.

All the hype about the new toy coming out sooner than soon . Minelab just may have to lower the price on the 5000 for the dealers to move them.

I said something to my wife about buying 6000 and she told me to go ahead that I had the money. When she’s in a generous mood like that again I’m going to find out where.

Chuck 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

so many dealers are sitting there with a number of 5000.

All the hype about the new toy coming out sooner than soon . Minelab just may have to lower the price on the 5000 for the dealers to move them.

I said something to my wife about buying 6000 and she told me to go ahead that I had the money. When she’s in a generous mood like that again I’m going to find out where.

Chuck 

Chuck,  If dealers are sitting on a number of 5000's, I feel that is their lack of knowing.  At the Worldwide Conference summer of 19 we were informed of new detectors in the makes. But only about 15% of the US dealers took the time to go.  Heck we have dealer conferences in the US and can't even get a 50% turn out.  

No we were not told when new detectors were coming, but I expected summer or Christmas of 20 and it did not happen.

Then in Aug of 2020 the mention and trademark of name "GPX-6000" was posted on here (the #1 prospecting forum in the whole USA).  Why do I remember it so well?  When I asked Minelab USA about it, they had no clue, which would be expected considering we are in USA and Minelab is Australia.  

Now when I see a trademark for a GPX name, I know something is real but I just don't know when.  

This late Fall I placed a good sized order of detectors and I asked Minelab USA questions.  I specifically asked if anything on my order was going to conflict with anything coming out for Christmas, as the order was to start stalking for the holidays.  I was told NO and I have no worries through the rest of 2020.  

Now, as a stalking dealer and year end, most businesses try to get the inventory as low as possible, which I did and have been for many years.  

So why would dealers be sitting on a bunch of 5000's now or even Jan for that matter?

I realize not all dealers are the same, but those of us who have been around a while have wizened up...at least I thought so.

If a dealer is complaining about sitting on 5000 inventory, I can only assume they are not paying attention.

Another point I'd like to make.  The GPX-6000 at a price point of $6000 is not going to compete with the GPX-5000 at $4000, in my opinion.  My reasoning besides $2000, is the fact that a big part of the GPX-5000 sales are Relic Hunters in the Eastern States and now that we are getting details of the 6000's capabilities, the 5000's are still going to be the preferred CW Relic Hunter's PI detector.  I could be wrong?

Either way...You are missing a major point, my friend Chuck.  Your wife said "go ahead".

Looking forward to hearing how you like the GPX-6000 and hoping to see you at our 3 Days Training in April, at Rye Patch, NV.

GoAhead.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

17 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

I’ll give you 4k when you decide you don’t want it 🤣

I am a bargain hunter barterer at heart. Half the dopamine hit of buying something comes from that for me 🤣🤣🤣

You are half way there with a military discount!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I hate to admit it, but going into 60, my body shifted gears. I went from feeling 30, to feeling my age, seemingly overnight. I’ve been pounding the ergo drum for a decade, and it’s been very much about me getting detectors for my latter years. I have all the detecting power I need starting with GPX 5000. I could go back to one, and still feel like I can find gold just fine. Anything better is gravy from my perspective.

There is just no way anymore, that I want to deal with harnesses and bungees in rough mountain terrain. That stuff is fine on an Australian flat. 45 degree and worse hillsides and canyons thick with vegetation? Not so much. The GPX 6000 addresses my major concern, which is not finding gold with the newest Minelab model. For me, the ergonomics is what I’ve been after now for years. I’m not concerned over the nitty gritty details of max performance. I’m doing this now, finally, for fun, not money. Great ergonomics will keep it fun, instead of being work. Great ergonomics will extend my useful years left for detecting.

Some of us are running out of steam, and this can help with that. New machine enthusiasm does also genuinely help motivate me to get out. I don’t see how I can lose with this one. I’m investing in being nicer to my body, to preserve what I have left for as long as I can. I’m kind of wishing now that I’d had that epiphany at a younger age. Who knew... you can wear your body parts out!

That is the best justification for buying the 6000 that I have read on this forum thus far. Well said Steve. The performance/weight (ergonomics) ratio appears to be the best of all ML machines ever made. Even for the <60 folks a hugely important factor. I use the GPZ mostly on flat "Aussie like terrain" as you said. But this covers only about 30% of all grounds that I usually hunt. For the remaining 70% the 6000 will be a godsend. From that perspective, the US $5999 price tag appears to be on the lower end. From all that we know about this machine including options included in the box, the price tag could have easily been in the $8000 range.

• Like 3

I would say that Minelab represents value at this particular point in their evolution.  There is very little chance that the 6000 would be a DOA detector.  So, what do you do with your other products that got you here?  You keep and reposition them so that your new technology wiz kid can take advantage of lower hardware and software prices and you build in value against your other products.

Steve and others have built the case for that value in many different ways and it is most compelling for those who don't have a 2300, a 5000 or ZVT for hunting gold already.  Since you can't swing multiple detectors at the same time ... which one do you trade in?  Which one do you keep?  Which one is the most redundant?

Will you find the same small gold with one or two passes of the coil with a 6000 that it takes you multiple detectors to find now including an 800 or maybe a GM?

• Like 3