GPX 6000 - Tips, Tricks, Technical Questions

I see you guys talking tree roots and the PI's getting a signal...????  Never thought much about it until I read it here and now that I think about it, it has happened to me twice now?  Both times the sdc had a target under and around a tree root and for the life of me, both times I could never find the target so gave up?  Both times there was a larger tree root involved????  So is this a normal PI thing...????

57 minutes ago, oneguy said:

I see you guys talking tree roots and the PI's getting a signal...????  Never thought much about it until I read it here and now that I think about it, it has happened to me twice now?  Both times the sdc had a target under and around a tree root and for the life of me, both times I could never find the target so gave up?  Both times there was a larger tree root involved????  So is this a normal PI thing...????

I've never encountered signals from tree roots with a PI detector, only the GPZ ZVT tech.

That's not to say it doesn't happen in some areas but it appears more of an issue with ZVT.

To date I've dug several targets from around or under tree roots with the GPX6000 & in all cases recovered a metal target.

As a side note a lot of people have complained that the GPX6000 picks up a lot of "hotrocks". I've had it in 2 x areas where previous GPX's & the SDC pick up a few of the ironstone hotrocks most times there. To date with the GPX6000 I haven't picked up any in these areas.

There are a couple of other areas where basalt has been an issue with every detector I've used there VLF's, QED, SD, GP, GPX, SDC, GPZ - unfortunately the GPX6000 is not immune to these basaltic rocks either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oneguy said:

Now that I think more about it, I use the sdc to locate targets then almost always chase target down with the Monster. Small roots up 2" I use a saw in swiss army knife to cut, big roots work around as best as I can and I'm sure the Monster saw the target also....I just couldn't find the little bastards and walked away after spending so much time trying to locate?  I'll chalk it up to operator error on my part.......

crushed and panned 🙂

Currently sitting outside drying in the sun before weigh in.

I reckon about 25g.

Now...Just on the 6000, I cant say i am noticing any double blips on gold...or hi/low...so far literally everything has just sounded loud!...Even those small lead shot...The only thing that has sounded a bit different is very small squiggly bits of wire...They sound hollow'ish like gold on the 7000...

maybe I need hearing aides...

gold.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

well. its dried 🙂

I am over the moon. Love the 6000.

49.63g of the good stuff! 230 metres or so from a small patch i have been working.

This machine is amazing. I am in love 🙂

49.63g 6000 21 May.jpg

• Like 9
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, kingswood said:

Love the 6000.

Well done - that’s a great result.  

I’ve got to say, I’m loving it too!   Not quite the result you had but a good couple of hours picking the bones of a spot where the SDC and Gold Monster had stopped giving.  

The more I use it the more I think people who regularly find specimens are going to love it also.   It’s finding lots of disseminated small pieces through quartz - and smacking on them. 

Steve H mentioned in a different thread re: people potentially using the GPX6 underground on vein gold - not my cup of tea generally but it seems like there would be very successful application in that scenario.  

1CABADBF-617A-4327-9A50-616FD205B0F7.thumb.jpeg.8279ab6c9ea42f90f72c837f910b088e.jpeg

All today’s gold except for the 2 pieces in the top right.  1 from a few days ago and the other was a kinder surprise from a few weeks ago.  I was going to get my cousins daughters to crack it open but forgot about it.  Today we cleaned out the shed and I had a bucket of hot rocks I’d saved from the QED and a few other bits and pieces.  Ran them all over the DD (quiet enough in the suburban back yard) and this particular one screamed!  Realised it wasn’t a rock and called the good lady over. Haven’t weighed it but would be about half a gram!  Had almost threw the lot out  😳

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 1

Great finds NorthEast! Well done!

Got to love bonus hot rock gold 🙂

have you noticed any particular warbles?? Every target has sounded the same to me, except thin wire...

With the 7, there was a kinda "gold warble"...the 6000 so far (to me) sounds pretty much the same on everything, just volume is different. dig everything I guess, like i generally do anyway.

The specimen is a case in point...loud initial signal, 2 boot scrapes and it was overloading....almost was thinking big steel bolt.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, kingswood said:

With the 7, there was a kinda "gold warble"

Have definitely noticed almost the same sound as the 7000 with lead shot.  A very consistent, round sound. 

I used to get a ‘crackle’ with small gold on the 7000 which differentiated it from lead. The bigger pieces I found with the 7000 sounded just like a square nail.  

And today I twice got the ‘warbles’ on the 6000 - both bloody nails  😖

Dig everything.  

• Like 3