Looking For Some S. Ca Gold Prospecting Location Advice

😉Just sayin, it would've been wrong to read about someone being suggested to go somewhere with them not knowing they could get a ticket and lose their prospecting equipment for it.  It's his choice and at least he's free to make a knowledgeable one about it now.  You are right too, the hobo miners there don't care and don't have much to give up for it.

And yup, the Dale is a good area. it's where I detected my first pickers. - that's one of my favorite places to go also.  Lots of drywashing there and if you look at it on Google Earth, it's amazing how much organized testing has been done across the hillsides - you can see grids across some of them.  Lots of claims there too, so one has to check the maps.

Back in the 90's,  the Dale gave up POUNDS of gold to the first guys smart enough to swing through there. Know of one guy who took out several pounds from one area, where the nuggets bled off an out crop,  down slope with his Goldmaster.  My first time in there was in 2010 and I did OK with my White's

If I just had a time machine........ 

• Like 5