F350 Has Guilted Me Into Posting😅

I haven’t posted much of anything for the past month or so.  However I did take a trip to upstate NY last month to visit my sister.  I found out her old farmhouse was built in 1785.  I had detected it about 5 years ago while I still had my very first detector, a FisherF70.   Back then I found a good bit of clad, a few wheaties, but no silver or anything really old.  This time I took the D2 and got a few decent finds, but nothing really exciting.  Since that time with the f70, they’ve moved a lot of ground around as they are remodeling the house and yard.  This time a did get a silver though, a really nice 1945 war nickel.  I also got a big copper that’s devoid of any markings because it’s so toasted.  I’m pretty sure though that it’s a large cent because it’s the exact same size as the only other large cent that I’ve found.  In the pic it’s the one without the hole in it.  I also found a nice musket ball that must have been dropped before it was fired because of its intact sprue.  It measures around .630 in diameter, so maybe that’s a .69 caliber with the patch?  I’ll have to get a pic of it.  After coming back to NC after the NY trip I hit three mercs at two different sites.  One was a park that’s about 25 minutes away that I had yet to detect with the deus. I’ve pounded that place with the nox and have pulled over 30 silvers out of there.  On my first trip there with the deus I got two mercs.  The other merc came from a site that I had been to two previous times with the deus.  These silvers bring me to 27 for the year.  

343100D4-8124-4704-9E37-2EB8572F6F1B.jpeg

1FAC7BE7-FCD1-4538-ABD9-C567825A16D4.jpeg

That's a nice haul NC! 👍 27 silver coins is way more than I dug this year. Even 3 on a trip. 🤣

Glad to see you've been out there, and thanks for posting, nice story! Sounds like a place with a lot of potential if you have a lot of time. 🙂

Nice hunting and I am sure that it was hard work this time of year.

Good luck on your next outing.

1 hour ago, rvpopeye said:

Hey 350 , I think Toad must be able to smell the silver underground ........🤔

I'm grateful for the hunt tales! He isn't a tree frog for sure. 👍