Head Phones For Legend (for Those That Do Not Like Having Their Ears Covered)

DSMITH

18 hours ago, DSMITH said:

do the ones you mentioned work with the threshold on the Legend does it have the two LL next to the Headphone icon when connected to the Bluetooth on the Legend

I tried several earbuds but none of them worked correctly with the threshold and having my ears plugged is no different from detecting with the supplied headphones I wanted something that I could keep my ears open and be aware of my surrounding's

there has been two reports of Bear's being spotted where I detect and with my wife going out with me I have to hear what is going on around me to keep her safe with her Dementia she does not always have the best judgement, and I do not want her to mistake a Bear for a dog

DSmith, I would not have suggested the wireless Aukey B80s if they weren't APTX Low Latency. They are APTX LL.

They are pretty good at eliminating some ambient sounds so I don't know how they would do as a solution for hearing ones surroundings compared to the Torus. The do work great for eliminating tons of sweat when using over the ear headphones and they sound really good to my ears.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, DSMITH said:

I have been testing several different sets of earbuds and Bone Conduction Headphones, I love the Bone Conduction headphones but both earbuds and the bone conduction phones do not work properly when detecting with the threshold activated in the Legend

But do they work when the threshold is not active? I'm looking into these bone conduction type headphones as they allow you to hear the surroundings better. There are also types available that are waterproof so that's an added bonus.

1 hour ago, HerrUU said:

But do they work when the threshold is not active? I'm looking into these bone conduction type headphones as they allow you to hear the surroundings better. There are also types available that are waterproof so that's an added bonus.

if you are taking about the Avantree Taurus yes they work with out the Threshold active also and when the Threshold is active they also work

if you are talking about the Bone Conduction headphones they sort of work but not exactly correctly the Bone Conduction works great with My Garrett 24K with the added wireless transmitter I use they work flawlessly with the wireless Transmitter but that is because it connects with just aptX

3 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

DSmith, I would not have suggested the wireless Aukey B80s if they weren't APTX Low Latency. They are APTX LL.

They are pretty good at eliminating some ambient sounds so I don't know how they would do as a solution for hearing ones surroundings compared to the Torus. The do work great for eliminating tons of sweat when using over the ear headphones and they sound really good to my ears.

did not really figure you would suggest them Jeff if they did not work but you would be surprised at the responses and suggestions I have received on earbuds and things that I have already tried and that did not work, I specifically stated I did not want anything that plugged my ears or wen over my ears, and stated the reasons why but people keep making the same suggestions, of things I specifically stated I was not looking for. it gets frustrating to say the least.

again I do not want earbuds because they plug your ears to the point you are UN aware of your surroundings the same for over the ear headphones, my wife goes out with me all the time so I have to be able to hear and know what she is doing at all times, there has been bears reported in the area I have been detecting and also recently Mountain Lion's with my wife's dementia she does not always have the best judgements, and I do not want her to mistake a bear for a over size dog, not saying she would on purpose but it is just a fact that people with severe dementia do not have the best judgement it one disease I would not wish on my worst enemy.

19 minutes ago, ksrick said:

Do a goggle review on the bone conduction type headphones, you may change your mind. 

What, which ones do you want us to look at reviews on LOL

I have two different pairs of Bone Conduction headphones from different manufacturers and both work great as long as you are not using the Threshold

15 hours ago, DSMITH said:

I have two different pairs of Bone Conduction headphones from different manufacturers and both work great as long as you are not using the Threshold

Could you share the specifics of these with me? I am in a similar situation here, no bears in Belgium but we do get a lot of traffic and I find more and more tracks of wild boar so being able to hear my surroundings is becoming a must. I do not use threshold so I'm not really concerned that it doesn't work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HerrUU said:

Could you share the specifics of these with me? I am in a similar situation here, no bears in Belgium but we do get a lot of traffic and I find more and more tracks of wild boar so being able to hear my surroundings is becoming a must. I do not use threshold so I'm not really concerned that it doesn't work.

will send you a PM with a Link for them they are made by a company called Inductive, that was the first pair I tried, the second pair I purchased off of Facebook

the Inductive brand are like $60 and the second pair was like $30

here are the Inductivv brand and I will warn you it took me about 3-4 weeks to finally receive them

https://www.inductivv-headphones.com/v0/?flux_fts=tclcxtzoxtixttioztzeticoiozzacqzaaxtzqt607e4&gclid=0&network=g&campaignid=19462607955&adgroupid=143588967494&creative=646095907913&keyword=inductivv bone conduction headphones&device=c&target=&targetid=kwd-1688373339287&extensionid=&matchtype=e&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImdL2uYT6_AIVsA2tBh2HyAASEAAYASAAEgIBevD_BwE

• Like 1

I don't like to wear over ear headphones either, and have used these on ear headphones since I got my Equinox two years ago:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08QRQMLVY

They are Aptx-LL, are extremely light, and very loud if you want them to be. They pair just fine, and you get the appropriate Low latency icons on the screen of the detector. Battery life is 20 hours, so they will outlast you on a hunt. They are USB C, and charge quickly. I've worn them in 30 degree and 95 degree weather with no discomfort. In the winter I wear a hat, and in the summer a bandanna.

The only thing I might suggest is wrapping the headband with some gauze sticky tape as such:20230203_151512.thumb.jpg.6fbc40f38997255dcfe50a50e7c8042d.jpg

Where I am I have coyotes and loose dogs and rabid animals of all types. Even been breezed by an owl once. This time of year it's hunters, easy to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I have been inadvertently shot at.

At the beach these headphones are loud enough to overcome the surf on the east coast anyway, and still provide situational awareness. One day some psychopath was screaming at me from the sidewalk at a beach, I acted like I didn't hear him, but I had a 5 foot steel scoop, so he stayed on the sidewalk. Good thing for him and his friends.

Best of all they're $39. I keep a backup.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/3/2023 at 3:25 PM, F350Platinum said:

I don't like to wear over ear headphones either, and have used these on ear headphones since I got my Equinox two years ago:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08QRQMLVY

They are Aptx-LL, are extremely light, and very loud if you want them to be. They pair just fine, and you get the appropriate Low latency icons on the screen of the detector. Battery life is 20 hours, so they will outlast you on a hunt. They are USB C, and charge quickly. I've worn them in 30 degree and 95 degree weather with no discomfort. In the winter I wear a hat, and in the summer a bandanna.

The only thing I might suggest is wrapping the headband with some gauze sticky tape as such:20230203_151512.thumb.jpg.6fbc40f38997255dcfe50a50e7c8042d.jpg

Where I am I have coyotes and loose dogs and rabid animals of all types. Even been breezed by an owl once. This time of year it's hunters, easy to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I have been inadvertently shot at.

At the beach these headphones are loud enough to overcome the surf on the east coast anyway, and still provide situational awareness. One day some psychopath was screaming at me from the sidewalk at a beach, I acted like I didn't hear him, but I had a 5 foot steel scoop, so he stayed on the sidewalk. Good thing for him and his friends.

Best of all they're $39. I keep a backup.

Thank you for this suggestion. I bought a pair of these and like them. They pair easily with the legend. I had a low latency transmitter lying around so I can now use them with my X-Terra Pro too.

• Like 4