Quest V80 Quick Start Guide

F350Platinum

4 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Capture.PNG

Wow, if true this makes the V80 with 11" as light as the Deus 2 on SteveG's CF Shaft with the 13" coil 🥳

Even more interesting 🤔 lighter than an Equinox with a 10x5.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Wow, if true this makes the V80 with 11" as light as the Deus 2 on SteveG's CF Shaft with the 13" coil 🥳

Yes but still far from a D2 WS6 Master :  800g with a 9" coil and 880g with a 11" coil ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Yes but still far from a D2 WS6 Master which weighs around 800g  with a 9" coil and 880g with a 11" coil ...

So it will be the second lightest detector in the world. 👍 My WS6 Master with 9" weighs 911g.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Carolina said:

I use my deus ll in heavy violent at times surf with no problems so this should be no worse. It does appear not to be submersible though?, wireless phones blue tooth?, so maybe a wader only? 

Carolina,

It does not exactly say as far as I can tell. It says waterproof speaker, and waterproof headphones are available as an accessory. Also they have a little adapter to make regular headphones plug in. That to me says at least wading, maybe more.

Update: I found where it says 5 meter waterproof ability.

12 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

So it will be the second lightest detector in the world. 👍 My WS6 Master with 9" weighs 911g.

According to Andy Sabich the actual weight is not correct in the specs he posted up on Facebook it weighs 3 pounds 1.4 ounces with the 11x10, that is what he said his test unit weighs

• Like 1

here is Andy's post on Facebook

·

The Weight Question:
===============
Several people have questioned my posted weight of the V80 with the larger stock coil since it differs from what is being posted elsewhere. I am not going to say that the factory has not made a last minute change but weighing the unit I have been testing and was updated about 4 weeks ago, it weighs 3 pounds 1.4 ounces . . . here is the scale and weight. It is well balanced and as those that have used the CTX 3030, weight properly balanced can feel better than a lighter unit that is not balanced.
  • Like 1

I had a suspicion the weights might be false. 😏 Their pinpointer is heavy. Well made however.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Carolina said:

I use my deus ll in heavy violent at times surf with no problems so this should be no worse. It does appear not to be submersible though?, wireless phones blue tooth?, so maybe a wader only? 

I have had my D2 out for the last two days. I have the coil cranked down tight. One of my techniques is to pin the coil to the bottom when getting hit by large wave wash. EYERYTIME the coil is now pitched because of the offset. I find myself ALWAYS having to correct the coil back to parallel. 
So, our experiences are different. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I had a suspicion the weights might be false. 😏 Their pinpointer is heavy. Well made however.

May be we could start a thread on pinpointer weights ? 🙂

• Like 2