New To This Forum From South Carolina

Michaeldoc2u

I have been lurking for a short time and I must admit I am impressed by the knowledge and civility of the majority of posters. Some sites seem to have purists that have little time for those that are new to the hobby or have questions. Like most of the newcomers, I am here to listen and to learn.  I have been a diehard Whites fan and have exlusively use VLF (very low frequency) detectors and have never been introduced to the world of PI (pulse induction) machines.  I purposely spell out the abbreviations for these two kinds of detectors for those who are unfamiliar with the terminology.  I too will occasionally be stumped by terms dectorists throw around. We are her to learn and to enjoy the hobby. The above being said I have posted elsewhere whether I would be duplicating my machines if I purchase a Whites TDI SL when I already own a TDI BeachHunter?

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you here.

Hope to be reading about some of your hunts in the future.

Good luck and good hunting.

Welcome M, Glad you joined up. 

Thanks, Popeye! Is there any source that I can go to and find coil covers (skid plates) for my Whites detector coils? I noted one post that discussed 3D printing of a coil cover. Not sure if that is cost effective except for the person printing.

Any sources in the states or overseas?

Thank you

Out of my wheelhouse I'm afraid.

I'd post that ? on the thread that was discussing printers.

I do remember posts of do it yourself coil covers by using epoxy by itself as a coating or to attach a piece of various plastics .  Another member uses some "super" tape attached to the coil edges IIRC. These would seem the easiest (and most likely to fit perfect) solution for hard to find or unobtainium covers.

There is a Whites forum and some much more Whites experienced members that will probably give you a better response. 

Have you found Steve's Guides ?

first welcome onboard DP

as for coil covers for Whites detectors Serious Detecting always seems to have a good selection of whites coil covers you might try them

On 4/25/2023 at 8:50 AM, Michaeldoc2u said:

Thanks, Popeye! Is there any source that I can go to and find coil covers (skid plates) for my Whites detector coils? I noted one post that discussed 3D printing of a coil cover. Not sure if that is cost effective except for the person printing.

Any sources in the states or overseas?

Thank you

Welcome... Another Indiana Jones ... Come to join the Quest of the Whites Holy Grail... Where to find Scuff Covers for Our Whites coils...Yeaaa Though we may buy many "For Parts Only Detectors".... To find Upon receipt... The Cover has been pilfered... The Quest is The Quest... It never Ends.... And Hi... How's it going Doc... 😁

• Like 1