Gerry in Idaho

What Does A Hand Full Of Gold Coins Look Like? This!!!!

Found separately or in a horde?

Great find!

• Like 1

Found with an Etrac using the stock headphones?  Is the user relatively new to detecting?  It's difficult to imagine an experienced user sticking with the stock headphones.  Terrific find regardless.

• Like 1

Marx - Old house demolition site in a small area probably scattered by heavy equipment.

Bay - He has been using older White's detectors for 10 years, then Garrett Ace detectors for 10 years and just the last couple years has been able to trade with me to get used Minelabs.  Not a wealthy family financially, but will give you the shirt off his back...if you ask.

• Like 6

Holy Wow!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Not a wealthy family financially...

Might change if he keeps making finds like that!  Great stuff; congrats to him and thanks for posting.

• Like 1

That's absolutely fantastic. Just one would be the pinnacle of most hunters careers and he found 9. It just shows how research and perseverance equate to "making" luck. That's great he's a long time customer of yours Gerry as this will likely sell a few detectors for you.

Everyone wins in metal detecting. 

• Like 1

Awesome find!!  Major congrats to the finder!!

A guy here found a gold coin cache years ago, their out there. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Mahoy
      Not sure which section to post this in so please repost as required.
      Couldn’t have been a more appropriate vegetable!
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-45220825
    • By Gerry in Idaho
      While on a recent gold hunt at a new site with the up and coming 24K I was not having much luck at finding gold.  After 4 hours and no heavy yellow metal, I changed gears and decided to see how I liked the digital readout ID system on the machine.  Well I can tell you this.  Yes the numbers might move around some, but when it locks on to the right with a high number, you better dig.  The site must have had a building, as there was iron, glass and even broken brick scattered about.  I used the small 6" coil to get between iron trash and try to sniff out the high conductors and it worked.  It actually did better than I expected and I should have saved the other bullets and buttons, but they were nothing special or neat about them.
      Pocket Watch is certainly a keeper.  No it is not gold or even silver for that matter, but at least it was a timely find.  The pistol bullet is an oldie for sure.  The ceramic tube was odd, as I could not figure out why the detector kept hitting on it?  Then I realized there was a copper wire going through it.  Still not 100% certain what this find is, but I think it had to do with electrical wiring and or insulator of some kind?  If you know, chime in.  The coolest discovery to me was a really nice ornate bottle top.  It's a screw on type made of lead and looks to be a crown.  But it has white glass on the inside of the cap.  There again, if you have an idea, please share you knowledge.
      So if I can be at an old mining camp and pick these treasures among iron, I feel a Relic Hunter could do the same thing.  What about Urban Detecting for micro jewelry in a tot lot or volley ball court?  I think you could pull a few ear rings, belly studs and toe wraps from those sites as most folks who hunt them find the larger coins and rings.  Heck, their machines might even miss a dainty ankle bracelet too.
      Moral of the story.  A gold detector is best at finding gold, but realize it also has other capabilities that can allow for more fun/finds. 
      What are some of your favorite non gold nugget finds with a gold detector, I'd love to see them.

• By Tnsharpshooter
      http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2934794#post2934794
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/cgi-bin/bbs62x/relic_config.pl?page=1;md=read;id=433467
    • By mn90403
      I read this story about a little 'color' in a stream in Greenock.  People talking about some flakes but then they talked about seeing them from a distance and then they showed this guy with a colander and he had a hand full of REAL nuggets.  What a hoot!
      http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/16128940.Gold_found_in_stream_at_Cardwell_Garden_Centre/

• By Tnsharpshooter
      https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/success-stories