White's Sierra Gold Trac SGT

White's Electronics is having their fall Garage Sale that features some deep discounts on select products. There is one deal in particular that nugget hunters may want to be aware of.

The White's Sierra Gold Trac was a Jimmy Sierra limited edition product not carried by regular White's dealers. They were only sold by a few west coast dealers and White's themselves never really promoted the machine. That makes them a rare item, and with Jimmy now having left the scene it looks like White's wants to liquidate the remaining units.

I only bring this all up because the SGT is basically a stripped down White's GMT with only two control knobs - on/off/gain and threshold. That's it. the detector runs at 48 khz and is locked full time into ground tracking mode. There is no discrimination. Just a hot on tiny gold all metal detector.

I did up a product page on these for historical purposes since there is so little information on them. Normally sells discounted for $369.95.

White’s Sierra Gold Trac (SGT) Data & User Reviews

Review by Mike Hillis

White's Electronics Sierra Gold Trac Metal Detector
White's Electronics Sierra Gold Trac Metal Detector

• All Metal Operation: Hear all metal targets.
  • Auto Trac: Iron mineral interference from soil and rocks is tuned out automatically.
  • Only Two Controls; Gain & Threshold: Threshold adjusts the background hum. The Gain control adjusts for maximum sensitivity in your conditions.
  • 48 kHz Frequency.
  • Waterproof 6x10" inch Elliptical DD Search coil.
  • Slide-In 12 Volt AA Battery Holder: 25-40 hours of hunting. (varies depending if you're using headphones or the external speaker)
  • Approximately 3.5 lbs with batteries: The SGT is light weight and well balanced for all-day hunting.
  • Can be used with any Goldmaster Series (48 kHz - 50 kHz) Search Coils.
  • Optional Accessories (Sold Separately): NiCad Rechargeable Battery System
  • Two Year Transferable Warranty

MSRP $399.95.

White's Sierra Gold Trac Owner's Guide

White’s Sierra Gold Trac (SGT) Data & User Reviews

• Like 3

I just posted on the Garage Sale before noticing this post. I bought a couple things, the 5.3" shooter and diving rod. 

Oh man, temptations are kicking in.....Imagine the SGT on a straight shaft like the TDI SL Special edition with the small 6" micro tireur. I am very sure that would give the Gold Monster a run for its money. Hmmm wonder what the Godfather of detecting Steve Herschbach thinks of that ?

I think if White’s had included simple ferrous discrimination in either the GMZ or SGT then White’s would have beat Minelab to the punch. The lack of ferrous discrimination capability seriously compromised the marketability of both models.

Godfather of detecting? I am flattered but not even close. There are very many people more deserving of that title! :smile:

• The title was changed to White's Sierra Gold Trac SGT