When To Use Single Frequency?

Happa54

I still think that if conditions permit, 5 kHz might be best for finding deep, medium to large sized silver coins. (Compared to other single frequencies and potentially deeper then multi**)

IMO if one freq is quieter then another that is a nice benefit but it wouldn't be my first choice to address noise. If you're not in multi, you have to (or at least should) pick the freq that gets the most targets you are after.

The difference between 5 kHz and say 20 kHz is significant, enough to tailor your results.

All of this is might be moot in the field compared to multi, somebody will have to see if they can hit a silver quarter deeper in the garden with 5 kHz vs Multi.

**I don't know what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dubious said:

It's nice to have the option of single frequencies for adverse conditions, but aside from sometimes using as a cross-check, I haven't really used them.  My sense is that Minelab put more work into the algorithms that analyze multifrequency signals.  In single-frequency mode, the Nox is likely inferior to dedicated single-frequency machines.

While it's true that some of the Multi IQ dependent processing that differentiates Park 1 from Field 2 and other features such as iron bias disappears when you go to single frequency, from what I have seen, what is left over is a helluva capable single frequency machine that rivals anything high end (single) out there, including MXT,  F75, and even Deus.  Can't speak for machines I haven't owned such as the Nokta/Makros.

• Like 1