5 Ring Day But No Gold!

Good going on the finds.  My wet change has been down low recently also.

We haven't had much energy in the waves lately to dig out those heavy rings and put them on the move.  In my area there is the slope as you described but there is also a layer of living shells capping the sand.  We need some big swells to break that cap and get things moving.

I didn't go out last night but I went out the night before.  As you described there was only a couple of pieces of light jewelry and hardly anything at the top.  I was using the Nox 800/15" which kinda wears me out.  It has to be right over a target for me to see it.  I feel like I know and see better with the 11 and that is what I'll do tonight.

Mitchel

1 hour ago, Dances With Doves said:

I  went water hunting yesterday and got no  gold but I did get a  no date-s  standing liberty  quarter,a1905 -o barber quarter,1939  merc plus a no date buffalo.I also got a little silver ring.You  don't have to get gold to have a good day.The place was mobbed  with people  but it always has enough room.I used my Nox.

Thanks  Dances with Doves, How I would love to find old silver coins in freshwater! Most of the lakes I hunt are man-made and maybe around 40-50 years old. For me, finding any silver coin in my lakes is very un-common. To find silver coins, especially older ones would be a real treat. Once in a while I find silver coins at the beach but more often than not they are toasted and a shadow of their condition when lost.

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Good going on the finds.  My wet change has been down low recently also.

We haven't had much energy in the waves lately to dig out those heavy rings and put them on the move.  In my area there is the slope as you described but there is also a layer of living shells capping the sand.  We need some big swells to break that cap and get things moving.

I didn't go out last night but I went out the night before.  As you described there was only a couple of pieces of light jewelry and hardly anything at the top.  I was using the Nox 800/15" which kinda wears me out.  It has to be right over a target for me to see it.  I feel like I know and see better with the 11 and that is what I'll do tonight.

Mitchel

Thank you Mitchel, Any big swells would probably help both of us since we aren't too far from each other. I only have the 6" and 11" Nox coils but may eventually pick up one of those 15" ones. Good luck tonight and be safe out there!

Great hunt as since the lock down just who has been at the beach.

There are no crowded beaches and won't be for a while, so I know that you had a very good hunt and some nice finds.

Wish you luck on your next outing.

30 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

Great hunt as since the lock down just who has been at the beach.

There are no crowded beaches and won't be for a while, so I know that you had a very good hunt and some nice finds.

Wish you luck on your next outing.

Thanks 2Valen, I guess it depends on where you live- some beaches are taped off and monitored while others seem like opening day at the county fair (which was also cancelled this year)!

4 hours ago, Compass said:

Thanks  Dances with Doves, How I would love to find old silver coins in freshwater! Most of the lakes I hunt are man-made and maybe around 40-50 years old. For me, finding any silver coin in my lakes is very un-common. To find silver coins, especially older ones would be a real treat. Once in a while I find silver coins at the beach but more often than not they are toasted and a shadow of their condition when lost.

I found the silver where a amusement park was on this lake. At an old torn down pier where they left a lot of nails was  the hot  spot for silver. Most of the coins that were old   were about 40 yards   from shore. This lake stays shallow for a while at this end.Me and my  friend got over  20 halves here.I even got 2 in 1 scoop.Also about 450 yards away I got my oldest silver coin ever in this lake about 7 years ago. It was a 1736 2  reale   Spanish  coin.I also found a 1 reale from 1776.My  friend got a worn  1802 bust dime years back.We find musket balls here like OBN finds gold.They are all over the place.

On 6/21/2020 at 11:45 AM, Joe D. said:

That would be a winning hunt in my book!

I think i see a small bracelet with pearl on it! And an earring! And a small button thing above it!  What are they? Junk jewelry? Show us all the rings! And i see a large spike, or square nail! What is that?👍👍

Here you go Joe although gold would look nicer. :laugh:

IMG_20200622_130625.jpg

Thanks George,

Nice group of rings!

I'm very fond of silver coins and jewelry! My wedding ring is even silver! I outgrew the gold one, but i like my silver one better!👍👍

20200622_223648.jpg

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

Thanks George,

Nice group of rings!

I'm very fond of silver coins and jewelry! My wedding ring is even silver! I outgrew the gold one, but i like my silver one better!👍👍

20200622_223648.jpg

Wow Joe, that is one nice big ring!  I too outgrew my wedding ring many years ago and have started wearing different ones that I have found. I'm currently wearing this one that I found earlier this year in a drained lake.

It's more like a nickle in diameter. 😉

mnb.jpg.54342837f3c3c7d628d9053f0a88b50d.jpg