After The Storm Gold

After the storm was over here in PA I was in the water too, Pumping 15'' of water out of my basement. You had much better luck than I did. Great job on the deco ring!! If the price was right I would replace the missing stones and try to sell it. 

More EPIC finds OBN ! I have a couple of those old silver pendants as well. You must dig some fairly deep holes to use as some markers for your previous hunts. Here in the bays , they fill in pretty fast.

No one can fault anyone for selling SOME gold at record highs. I know some of you get attached to the old gold and want to save it from the smelters. But the fact is , it's a very small subset of buyers within a jewelry market. It can take a long time to find the right buyer. Most are collectors , not ones who regularly wear such items.

I recently sold a few ounces of older rings I had laying around. Older as in the 30s-50s. They went for scrap. Currently I'm getting 90% of melt , in cash , from a local cash4gold place. Sure , you can get a little more from midwest , ara , or whoever. I sell it up , I sell it down. But rarely do you have the opportunity to sell at a record high. You can't take it with you is how I look at it. Enjoy some of the fruits of your labor. GL on whatever you decide to do.