XP DEUS Goes High Frequency?

Steve Herschbach

Yeah, It's not a machine that impresses me, but for some reason the guys/gals that have them always seem to have the finds but there again I have searched the same ground and dug what they have missed, most likely through their bad coil control than any thing else, and there is some wild claims out there one of which I posted here yesterday, If I had to pick either the CTX or the Deus I would choose the CTX for one I trust ML and those $500 coils really hurt, and because I need the recovery speed without the expense of those coils has kept me using the machines I have, but our friends from Makro are about to change all that for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I know everyone is in a hurry to get the V4, but it cost a lot to ship over seas. If the Deus has a bug when it get to the USA, who is going to pay for the shipping back to be fixed? I think that is one reason XP is taking so long, just to be sure it is what it is to be. I have the V3.2 Deus and would like to get the upgrade fast also, but not if it cost the XP out of the game. The Deus dose a fine job just like it is, but if the upgrade makes it better then I will have a supper detector. Give XP time to get it right, use it as is and wait, you might be getting a new detector soon . As far as ground balance I have never had any trouble with that. You may need to read Andy's Book again.

Hi Steve, I don't think you were complaining. I know on other forums I see where people have stared saying that they are tired of waiting for the upgrade and going to get something else. I like you keeping us up on the latest on XP. I read a lot on here but don't post a lot. I have only had my Deus with the 11" coil for 4 Mos. and have found 10 rings so far. I would like to have the 5x10 coil also,but I can wait till you tell me that it is as good or better than what I have.

On March 11, 2016 at 9:45 AM, auminesweeper said:

Yeah, It's not a machine that impresses me, but for some reason the guys/gals that have them always seem to have the finds but there again I have searched the same ground and dug what they have missed, most likely through their bad coil control than any thing else, and there is some wild claims out there one of which I posted here yesterday, If I had to pick either the CTX or the Deus I would choose the CTX for one I trust ML and those $500 coils really hurt, and because I need the recovery speed without the expense of those coils has kept me using the machines I have, but our friends from Makro are about to change all that for me.

Hi John & Steve, to put the Deus coil price into context, it does essentially buy you four different detectors in the one package.  It is also somewhat future proofed compare to other brands that constantly drip feed improvements, more than often requiring the purchase of a completely new detector to benefit from them.  

Despite its size, the Deus 11" coil has proved to be brilliant multi-purpose coil, even on some of the iron filled relic sites I am currently detecting.  It is not uncommon to pull a repeatable clear non-ferrous target from a hole containing several square nails with this coil.  Usually I don't even know they are there until I scan with the pinpointer, and more than often the non-ferrous item is the deepest target.

As for the latter comment on sending the Deus back to XP for any possible software bugs, there should be no need.  Any updates, improvements and most software debugging should be sorted out via downloads from your home pc.  I recently had a bug with my WS4 backphones freezing, and after contacting XP directly regarding the issue, and they simply asked me to re-load the latest software.  5 minutes later the issue was sorted, and everything was functioning as per normal.  Have a software bug on most other detectors, and it will most likely have you boxing up the detector to be shipped back to the manufacturer/dealer for evaluation and a lengthy wait.

If any issues cannot be sorted via software downloads, XP's policy in my part of the world is to simply ship out a new replacement part/unit from local stock, vs making you wait for a return on your defective unit, you couldn't ask for more than that.:wink:

As for the wait on v4.0 software, I'm certainly in no hurry.  The Deus in its current format is still a benchmark for many other manufacturers to catch up on and emulate its success.

Checkout my most recent find from an 1840's house site here in South Australia, an 1820's US Naval Dirk belt plate found in three seperate pieces.  A long way from home!

IMG_20160401_173610.jpg

IMG_20160401_173701.jpg

IMG_20160401_173634.jpg

• Like 4

Goldpick, that is one FANTASTIC find! Im really not familiar at all with Australia's gold rush history, but you have me wanting to do some reading. Congratulations!!!!