In 1860 The Chinese Population Of Virginia City Was 11 , 1870 711, Now A Little More.. So Much To Learn Together.

Today was short and good. While reading about the geology of rattlesnake mountain and getting sidetracked on the census report for the population of Virginia City and 1860 versus 1870, I came across the fact that there was like 11 Chinese people in 1860 recorded, and 711 or something in 1870. How long ago that was, and how bustling those streets must have been as it was as great as paris?

Well today, not too far from Virginia City three new kids, half Chinese, could be added to that number. We were really only supposed to go out to deliver some Uber eats. However, sometimes it's really hard to focus when you have the GPC 7000 and Fisher 75 in the car for easy access.

Telling adventures of the mountain climb yesterday with their brave mother, we tried to go through the glorious spectacular Christmas lights decorated neighborhood, combing for that place we just visited.

We found the park, which was much closer to the mountains then we parked yesterday, however the official park for some strange reason closed at 5:00. Anybody that knows the real power of the GPZ knows that it's very hard to turn off before 5:00. Rather than be trapped on the inside, we elected to park near the street within hiking distance.

The full hearty at simple plan, was to run as fast as we could to the closest Mount ravine and just grab nuggets by the fistful. The children were good grabbing things they practiced on their great American Halloween for 2 years now. They had shovels and by other kids might be grabbing a pickaxe on minecraft, they had the real deal. They might have a lollipop in their mouth but their eye said they were hungry for gold.

We quickly gathered the gear from the car grab the dog and sprinted across the meadow much like that famous guy Chevy Chase from National Lampoon's doing his wallet world Sprint.

Unfortunately we had to slow down, my wife was sore from yesterday it was somewhat lagging behind, and my youngest son Apollo forgot to put his belt on and his pants were falling down almost, while he was wearing his brother's hiking shoes which were two and a half sizes too big.

I had intended to take him out to buy some new shoes, however he will for Lee volunteered the shoe money to help us get that shiny GPz.... So, with the sun going down, the wife and dog crawling, and the pants that could barely stay up, I had no choice. We quickly raised the detector in the air right there on the spot and did the noise cancellation and Ferris Middle ground balancing magical gold dance.

After reading last night post after post after post in this forum, I finally came across the post that Steve wrote about the firmware upgrade containing the couple new functions which I completely did not operate correctly the first day. The one function in particular, allows you to cover more ground quickly... I guess that's the something your other something your other option. Thank God they use little graphical icons cuz I can't think of the exact name off the top of my head.

So slowly walking through this field, remembering that the Basque people who live there once before and I guess in 1950 or something or sometime after there was a great flood that flooded the whole valley which is somewhat perplexing to me because it seems to be a desert so I have a hard time imagining a flood there

Well I let my kids know that even though we couldn't make it to the ravine,there was a probability we collect nuggets, all the way back to the car before the sun went down.

So in that rushed hour and a half, we hit and Dug three targets. And I didn't even I have to explain to the kids that each Target could be the largest nugget in Nevada history. I can tell they already knew. Well of course, it was rather fine display of used ammunition...

The kids had a great time learning the siren calls of the GPZ 7000, how to do the silencing and ground balancing dance.. and that there's way more suspense digging in the ground than waiting at home to watch a new Netflix series.

I can't wait to get out again, there's so many places that we're learning about. The recent episode of Jeff Williams taught us about the Oriental and thule canyon and gold point....

And after their first day out... They won't think of reading this form and the other gold prospecting forms as tough homework assignments, but rather a road to get their own goals. Because they all know they get to keep whatever gold they find.

2020 was pretty bad, 2021 is probably going to be a little bit worse, but I think the GPz s going to make it a lot better..

The fisher f75 will play its part, and hopefully we'll be able to pick up a used gold monster 1000... Eating the elephant bite by bite

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SMvFJM5PDib7Vc7o6

PXL_20201219_004431897.jpg

PXL_20201219_005838639.MP-1.jpg

PXL_20201219_004918544.MP.jpg

PXL_20201218_232655460.jpg

PXL_20201219_001214483.jpg

PXL_20201219_000535813.jpg

PXL_20201219_001252368-1.jpg

PXL_20201219_001342345.MP.jpg

PXL_20201219_001349133.jpg

PXL_20201219_001423290.jpg

PXL_20201219_001440492.jpg

• The title was changed to In 1860 The Chinese Population Of Virginia City Was 11 , 1870 711, Now A Little More.. So Much To Learn Together.

Great to read the adventure of you and your family on these outings, and I wish you luck on your next hunts.

You can always attach your photos here when you do your writing. Just drag them to the box where you write, or click on choose files. That will make it easier for people to see everything without having to go to an external link.

Great job Robert,

Awsome family outing! Keep up the good work!👍👍

Rob I enjoy your post especially your photo of the kids be involved in prospecting. I included a photo of my youngest son taken years ago. He is now 48 years old and had a go with a metal detector, but got married and had 4 kids at a very young age. Married responsibilities and distant form gold areas prevented him taken up gold prospecting.

The photo was taken in a very deep mine shaft area. What he did was hid in a shallow hole and shouted help. This caused his Mum to panic thinking that he fell down a deep shaft. We had a big laugh afterwards and he avoided a decent hit for his Mum.😀

1079037640_Book2-209.thumb.jpg.46c8b7bb92d87b3d8c2523604187bbb7.jpg  

9 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Rob I enjoy your post especially your photo of the kids be involved in prospecting. I included a photo of my youngest son taken years ago. He is now 48 years old and had a go with a metal detector, but got married and had 4 kids at a very young age. Married responsibilities and distant form gold areas prevented him taken up gold prospecting.

The photo was taken in a very deep mine shaft area. What he did was hid in a shallow hole and shouted help. This caused his Mum to panic thinking that he fell down a deep shaft. We had a big laugh afterwards and he avoided a decent hit for his Mum.😀

1079037640_Book2-209.thumb.jpg.46c8b7bb92d87b3d8c2523604187bbb7.jpg  

Hey 3 years of my older brother 🙂 I hope he can get back into it. The gold will always be waiting for him. Actually you know I was thinking, it'd be really cool if we had kids prospecting days. If anybody ever sets up a get together for all the kids, let me know. I'd like to get those kids on the list. 

Looks cold out there Robert, good on you for not letting the weather stop you from hunting. As always, good luck. 

Rob your teaching your sons well in the best classroom in the world-Mother Nature. When your in your rocking chair years from now  you will realise you already found gold that day but which no gold can buy, the joy of sharing this great adventure we call life with your sons and a big smile will come over you....