Some Year End Silver And Gold With The GPX

abenson

Cold day but I wanted to try out Docs Gold Screamer setup on my GPX that I got for Christmas. Paired it up with the Garrett z-lynk system and boy is it nice to be wireless. Anyway in a 3 hour hunt I found a 10k 8 gram ring, some brass buckle parts and some older coins. They're hard to see so what's pictured is a wheat penny, merc dime, Jefferson nickel, 3 buffalo nickels and a V nickel.

20201226_134845.thumb.jpg.8622321a6bd7d7c5570ab81fbadeea88.jpg

20201226_162606.thumb.jpg.6ad1f547a1d9d45ed1ad127bd0efff9c.jpg

Well, the ring looks nice but I see a crack.  Did that affect the eddy current and make it ID on the low side?

Those coins look pretty rough (as you mentioned).  Have they been stewing in water -- lake, creek, etc.?

Excellent results for any time of year, and particularly during winter weather.

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Well, the ring looks nice but I see a crack.  Did that affect the eddy current and make it ID on the low side?

Those coins look pretty rough (as you mentioned).  Have they been stewing in water -- lake, creek, etc.?

Excellent results for any time of year, and particularly during winter weather.

Signal on the ring was a good high tone and was about 12-14" deep. Yea coins are pretty bad, they were found at a saltwater beach.

Great finds this time of the year or just any time of the year.

Good luck on your next hunt.

10 hours ago, abenson said:

Signal on the ring was a good high tone and was about 12-14" deep. Yea coins are pretty bad, they were found at a saltwater beach.

Addressing GB's original question - I am not surprised, as long as there some conductive path.  You have to completely break the connection with a true air gap to significantly change the eddy current path.