Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Minelab GPX 6000 Revealed!

I dont see how this detector could be any better then the currently PI machines in the field. You cant even use aftermarket coils meaning you are limited to the 2 only coils.

I also dont see it being better then the GPZ.. 

We are being feed old technology everytime by these companies and we always fall into buying them all the time. 

Here is an English language video. Not much new here, but he says "available in mid February", which is what we kinda already knew, but this early Middle East release appears to be machines not for sale?

He seems to imply he's going to put another video out in English describing the features or how they work?

• Like 1

Been Googling waiting for better pictures to pop up and just tripped over this cool find.....

https://www.aptx.com/products/minelab-gpx-6000

"Fastest, lightest & most simple way to find all types of gold in one machine."

gpx-6000-minelab-gold-nugget-metal-detector.jpg
Minelab GPX 6000 gold nugget detector

Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

From the pictures it looks like the battery is going to have a secondary function as the ground stand. Will be interesting  to see how this design will cope with the wear and tear of repeatedly being placed (dropped sometimes) onto rough ground. Looks like the after market canvass cover manufacturers will have another product coming up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VicR said:

From the pictures it looks like the battery is going to have a secondary function as the ground stand. Will be interesting  to see how this design will cope with the wear and tear of repeatedly being placed (dropped sometimes) onto rough ground. Looks like the after market canvass cover manufacturers will have another product coming up.

A very good point. Sharp rocks hitting the battery cover are a real issue. You only need to drop the detector once to loosen the clip on slide. What would ML reaction be to warranty?  cheers sturt

6 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Sorry Chase .

I was just delving into "maybe they did this " land. And throwing it into the discussion.

It doesn't matter ,,unless I was right and then ML will have a better description in their lit.

No worries, just wasn't clued in to what you were suggesting, and there was no evidence the coils shown in the previews were anything other than what the description said they were - mono coils.  But I see what you were driving at with the guitar pickup analogy.  Bottom line is a true mono coil is a mono coil, but a DD can be "rewired" through electronic switches to behave like a mono, hard to do it the other way when you only have a single/mono coil winding.

The big secret that has yet to be revealed is just what GeoSense-PI is and how does it relate to the coil/ground graphic on the display.

• Like 3