Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Whites MX Sport Waterproof Metal Detector

"resurrected Nautilus feature "Reject Volume". Adjust the volume of targets you have selected for rejection to 50%, 40%, 30% 20% or "0" the audio volume of the targets you have selected for accept."

Just want to point out that this feature hasn't been in hiding. The Tek Omega 8500 has it. You can adjust the volume of any of the categories and use the volume control in place of discrimination or notch, and it works in all filter (deep) settings.

Now the 8500 has to be in Disc mode to do this.    I expect the MXSport will have to be in Disc mode as well for this to work. Adding disc funtions to true all metal modes have limitations. However, if it is a feature that is tied to a mixed mode feature (thus the reference to Natilus) it would be welcomed.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

Steve Howard is saying the release was originally scheduled for February so the leak from the FCC website has things out a bit prematurely. February is only a few weeks away however.

I have to admit I am rooting for White's on this one. They have not done anything of note for quite some time and can no doubt use a little boost to the bottom line.

I hope a coil adapter is either forthcoming or at least possible for existing MXT coils. I would love to put my Big Foot coil on the MX Sport!

The MX Sport is now featured in a big, bold banner on White's home page http://www.whiteselectronics.com

• Like 2

Just saw this thread.  I guess the cats out of the bag now.  I've been one of the field testers for this beta unit for months now and can't say much about it.  I can say it is NOT just an MXT in a new box.  It has been completely redesigned from the ground up.  We have, we hope, ironed out most of the bugs and I think it will be a winner. 

Stay tuned, it will be available soon and I believe you will be impressed.

Digger Bob

• Like 3

I really like the general look of the MX sport, colours, coil, pod. Interesting Deus-like handle 

Not sure how I feel about the TreasureMaster style display though. Seems quite bulky sitting up in the air on such a sleek detector. I actually liked the MXT's more minimalist and lower profile display. 

Hopefully the gold prospecting side is improved, would make a nice all-rounder. 

• Like 1

Here is a preview of the MX Sport:

• Like 2

MX Sport Preview. The only place to get all the information about the NEW Waterproof MX Sport.

January 15 - January 29

Jan 15 at 10:00 AM to Jan 29 at 10:00 AM in PST

This event is being held online only - on the White's Facebook event page. You will get all the information you need just by "Attending" the event!

White's MX Sport Product Details Page

I am Very Excited as well about the MX Sport..

MXT being my all time favorite Whites unit..And I might add never had a Failure with one since release..

I cant say that about too many units Ive owned..

I too would like to know how the tone break works in Relic Mode especially...I like the MXT's ability to break on a nail by user defined setting..

I hope its not segmented..

BUT I may ADD...

As of late the things I have needed in a detector such as 19+Khz Freq and precise variable tone break have came from a few machines that dont allow that and also the machine were on a lower than 19Khz freq.

Those being the CoRe and Racer...14 and 15Khz units with factory set tone break for iron.

Another being the MX5 from whites....14Khz unit and factory set tone break.

Those units as example I could not set the tone break any better on my own...Yet their break is well above the nail setting..YET they unmask unbelievably well in iron for seeing non ferrous targtes intermingled with Ferrous targets.....Plus the Core and Racer are of such high gain they are as or more sensitive than a 19Khz unit.

The MX5 was not of high gain ...or should I say Hyper gain feel.

I hope the MX Sports DNA is of the Hyper feel of the MXT in relic mode.

So while I would like a user defined tone break...if its indeed using the MX5 Disc DNA ..We may very well have us another turn on and go iron site unlocker ..

Thast seems to be the Beauty of the latest offerings...WORLD CLASS performance in iron infested sites with no more than switching on and Ground grabbing...

It I feel through PURE processing power...Bleedy filters blendy audios and such coupled with extremely fast algorithm's that a analog unit can not accomplish or for that fact a unit of a few years old cant accomplish...

Never thought I would see the day when I could basically turn on a unit and just hunt without tweaking my settings for the first few minutes to get dialed into a site...

I could feel it in the MX5 yet all the goodies were not in place..almost like a feeler unit to get on the market to try some ideas..

I have a Gut feeling the MX Sport will not let us down..Will not disappoint..

I hope its a True Whites in longevity also like the units it follows Rugged,Reliable,Dependable.

Exciting Times!!

Keith

• Like 2