I hunted an inland reservoir about four months ago, just as they were letting the water level down for the winter.  I ,of course got there maybe way too early in the season to find the stuff out deeper but intended to go back later.  This is a 120 mile round trip flyer so I don't hunt it often and have to rely on the locals (inland detecting club) to post about it's level during the year.  Well a guy did such a post two weeks ago and showed the water level down significantly.  Just what I was waiting for, even if the locals were going to get there first, thought I might hit it anyway.  Had to wait two weeks for the weather to stop raining enough to make the trip.  When I got there I was very disappointed to see the water level had risen up the bank another 25 yards from the last posting.  Putting the deep swimming area out of bounds for me (I wasn't planning on doing any water hunting).  Anyway, I probably got the last silver ring on the beach for the season. Using a Nox with factory presets, coming in at a solid 19 and maybe 3" deep.  A 925 child's ring with a pretty red stone.  Finds have been slim for me this year so any ring find keeps the spirits up.  Get Out There and Find Something Good!!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Fernridge2.thumb.jpg.36ce33b9677215e84a59d3761ba6b345.jpgFernridge1.thumb.jpg.9dd02547f4f3022a33600ac10ad28fea.jpg

It's hard to hit those places. No one talks about it being drained until someone slips up 😄 I actually saw a huge pond drained in my area and found out about it after stumbling onto a YouTube video of it. Then the snow came in and I missed my chance. At least you got a ring from it.  I always try all metal if I'm not getting a lot of targets, just to get a little deeper.

Yes, I did not mention I was hunting in All Metal.  I also had my Impulse with me but did not get it on the ground, too much trash here.  I brought my big tire wagon to haul all the gear to the site, as it's closed.  Probably a 1/4 mile walk from the parked truck outside the park.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

2 minutes ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Yes, I did not mention I was hunting in All Metal.  I also had my Impulse with me but did not get it on the ground, too much trash here.  I brought my big tire wagon to haul all the gear to the site, as it's closed.  Probably a 1/4 mile walk from the parked truck outside the park.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Those guys hit that place hard before you got there 😢 The walk in pretty much eliminates swapping out machines or coils too. At least you got that ring. 👍

Gary,

That's exactly the same scenario I have to deal with to hunt the Treasure Coast! Wait for the right conditions, drive about a hundred miles, and try and hit the tide right, hope I pick the right beach, and compete with all the locals for missed items! Very tough to hit it right! But I've met some great hunters there, and I don't feel as much of an outsider as I used to, now that some of the faces are familiar!

Good luck to you hitting it right!👍👍