Update, More Info... Out Of Warranty Nox 800 Pod Replacement

I spoke with Martha at Minelab this morning. The reason I called is, my machine is out of warranty and has been replaced three times since I bought it. I wanted to know how much it was going to cost to replace the pod and if the replacement was going to have a warranty. She told me it would cost $350 for a new replacement, or $225 for a refurbished unit. What she meant by refurbished, if someone returned a whole detector because of a faulty coil, shaft etc, they would send out that control pod if there are any available. I am still waiting to hear back from her on the amount of warranty that will come with the replacement pod. She wanted to double check on the amount of time before she gave me an answer. I have her permission to share this information on the internet forums.   

• The title was changed to Out Of Warranty Nox 800 Pod Replacement Info.

46 minutes ago, midalake said:

To be clear, this is a price for an Equinox 800?  

Yes the 800, I didn't ask about the 600.

They are only available when trying to get out of warranty repairs completed, right? In other words, can we buy control pods a la carte?

9 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

They are only available when trying to get out of warranty repairs completed, right? In other words, can we buy control pods a la carte?

I was a little pressed for time because I was getting ready to walk into work, I also wanted to talk to her about a replacement battery as well. If and when she called me back, I'll try to get a price on the 600 pod, the price of a battery and if we can buy the Pod out right.

15 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

was a little pressed for time because I was getting ready to walk into work, I also wanted to talk to her about a replacement battery as well. If and when she called me back, I'll try to get a price on the 600 pod, the price of a battery and if we can buy the Pod out right.

Oh, I didn't mean to impose! Your initial post has gone above and beyond already. 🙂

16 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

Oh, I didn't mean to impose! Your initial post has gone above and beyond already. 🙂

No problem, it was a spur of the moment call, I actually didn't expect to get a hold of anybody. I will post more info when it becomes available.

I've already asked Minelab if I could buy a replacement pod only as I have multiple coils and a share shaft and arm cuff.  Minelab said NO.  They will not just sell a pod, only if the detector you own is faulty and out of warranty will they sell you a replacement pod, I would assume once they've verified yours is dead.

19 minutes ago, phrunt said:

They will not just sell a pod, only if the detector you own is faulty and out of warranty will they sell you a replacement pod, I would assume once they've verified yours is dead.

That's what I figured. 

Buying a brand new coil for $230 then an Equinox 800 control pod for $225 (or even $350)? Definitely way too good to be true.

You've had 3 pod replacements in how many years? I had one within the first couple of months after getting mine 2.5 years ago. Since then no issues and I have put very serious use on mine. I did trade for another 800 lately as mainly a backup because I got rid of all my other detectors. Were your issues water related or something? That seems like a lot if they just died. With all the use I have put on my original unit the battery seems to have held up well. I don't let it get very low before a recharge.