Unexpected Water Find

Could it have fallen out of a bezel (on chain)?  A cousin of mine carried in his pocket for many years two (silver) half dollars, one with his father's birth date and one with his mother's.  When he showed them to me they were badly worn and rather highly polished.  The one you show doesn't look as though it's been rubbing against cloth, etc. for very long.

Beautiful find and a bucket lister for many.

8 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Could it have fallen out of a bezel (on chain)?  A cousin of mine carried in his pocket for many years two (silver) half dollars, one with his father's birth date and one with his mother's.  When he showed them to me they were badly worn and rather highly polished.  The one you show doesn't look as though it's been rubbing against cloth, etc. for very long.

Beautiful find and a bucket lister for many.

Possible. I really have no idea though. Not much wear on it, not much discoloration, and that has me baffled. I saw it in the scoop and said "WOW", then got it directly to the pouch before looking around.

Could be an old drop, all depends on the ground conditions. Found old seated dimes and quarters that look great.

Very nice find, congrats.

12 hours ago, tvr said:

Not much wear on it, not much discoloration, and that has me baffled.

Water location detecting (espeically salt water) adds another entire layer of complexity in more ways than one.  In my soils there wouldn't be much mystery finding a coin in that condition since 90% silver is seldom harmed in our sometimes damp/soggy ground.  Even 35% silver Wartime Nickels fair pretty well -- I have one that's the nicest I've ever found (and that includes taking them from bank rolls).  Yours sure does look so much nicer than those that others have displayed that came from apparently many years in salt water.