Three Somewhat Expected, But Again, Very Welcome Coins!!

Good to see ya really digging Joe, sorry about the pain. Great finds! 👍

17 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Naw!! Anyone with decent knees can do that any day! F350 is "coin king" right now, with his campground permissions! I'm just getting some KFC money!!🍗🤣👍👍

Heh Joe,

If you dug 140 coins in one day ya beat me and are now "coin King" 🤴

Most I got in one day on my last trip was ~86. May be more the trip before that, I'll have to look.

I looked, and I did get 142 in one day on Father's Day at that campground. 🤣

20 hours ago, Joe D. said:

he rest of the hunt produced alot more pennies than I wanted to dig, thanks to two fairly large "penny dumps" in two separate curb strip locations! (Over 100!!🤯)

Did there happen to be parking meters in those curb strips?  The reason I ask is that I've had a similar experience.  Here pennies aren't 'redeemable' in parking meters and I figure the annoyance/disgust of persons digging through pockets and purses to find coins to pump the meters leads to both realization and outrage that pennies today (and for the last 30-40 years for that matter) are nearly worthless in the USA economy.  Why the f___ can't the mint/legislature figure that out??????????????????

Good to see you finding the oldies.  I guess Tom Dankowski hasn't vacuumed up all those from the FL penninsula.  :laugh:

GB,

No meters near this neighborhood! But unfortunately, now all meters around this County are either credit card, or totally eliminated for central ticket machines! Sucks, as people used to carry/lose meter coins everywhere they were located; especially the beach! Just another blow to us who love coin hunting!!

I actually used to collect, and repair meters for a couple of municipalities part time! I've got a couple hernia repairs to prove it!!😵 That, I do not miss!!! I Always felt like I had a giant "ROB ME" sign, stuck to my back; even though I had Mr. Smith & Mr. Wesson guarding me!! And sometimes an officer, when available!!🤣

And incidentally, that is where my Email name came from "Cladking"!! And I bet you all thought i was just being a pompos a$$, and bragging about all the coins I have found!!!🤣😂👍👍