Help With Minelab Model For Nc Gold

botics

You can check here where your nearest dealer is

https://coiltek.com.au/where-to-buy/

I'd be more inclined to use your Equinox 800 for the gold than the 3030, far more sensitive and geared more towards gold than the 3030 is. 

The Coiltek 10x5" is quite good for rocky creek gold as it has a very sensitive tip to the coil.  It's good for poking it's nose up into places the round 6" coil can't go as easily.

4 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'd be more inclined to use your Equinox 800 for the gold than the 3030, far more sensitive and geared more towards gold than the 3030 is. 

Ditto....  Leave the 3030 for the parks/curb strips/coins it excels at and was designed for.... 800 has the reputation of a small gold capable machine once set up proper (coil and settings).  There's few on here that can help you turn that 800 into a gold machine.....

When you say western N.C. where do you mean, not exactly but where in general?

Most of the gold in N.C. is in the central portion, the more eastward you go the gold dries up, and this is somewhat true to a point with going westward, also most of the gold is fine gold and not detectable, granted there have been detectable size nuggets found in N.C. but they are far and few between.

I don't want to burst your bubble but just wanted you to be realistic in your hopes of finding detectable gold in N.C.

I go mainly to N.C. when I get a chance to hunt for gold and I would rather use a dredge or a sluice than a metal detector, I do take my detectors with me but use them mostly for relics, coins, etc., but sometimes to find black sands deposits in known gold bearing streams.

I agree with everything you have stated. Maybe I am overzealous. While using a sluice I found a couple of small pieces and last month a nugget. I have a CTX and 800 (just ordered the Coiltech 10 x 5 for the 800). I am debating wheher or not to get a 1000 or even 6000 as I am based in Miami and thought either machine would benefit NC and beach hunting in FL for gold items. However, I may be just wasting money. I will invest in a larger sluice and starting to look into it.

Thank you.

No point buying a Gold Monster 1000 when you have the Equinox and you'll also have the 10x5" coil to go with it, that'd be wasted money.  I struggle to find a situation where I'd use the GM over the Nox, so I turned my GM into a pinpointer. 

The 6000 on the other hand would be great, but a big investment if your area has very limited gold.

Congratulations on your gold finds too! A better sluice might be a good idea.