Testing Deus 2 In Relic Mode, Not A Great Day But Ended Well

3 hours ago, palzynski said:

I like Robert Cray , he is a great guitarist and singer . The 1st time I saw him was during an Eric Clapton "Crossroads" festival . I was not at the festival but I do have the 3 Crossroads festivals dvds 🙂 ...  Probably my best music dvds ...

Out of likes. 😟

I've seen Robert Cray many times. At that show after he gave me the guitar we took photos together. They asked me if I wanted to stay backstage, but a band called Ronnie Earl and the Broadcasters were warming up. It sounded so good I told them I wanted to go out to my seat! Never regretted that. Sat there enthralled with my Strat. 😀 

These guys gave him a boardroom marker to sign the guitar, so I had to coat the signature with polyurethane. It was a cheap imported one, ended up selling it for twice as much as it cost on eBay. 🤣

I still have the photo though. Great man.

Thanks for sharing your experience with relic mode.  I briefly tried DHC a few days ago and it was a bit deeper than General program, though it falsed on deep iron.  My few minutes in relic mode didn't really tell me much in a short time, but I decided I need more time using it to see how it does in parks in my bad soil.  I do have some hours on the prospecting program, so it probably won't be too foreign when I get my next chance to try it. 

Even though you say you are new to detecting, your hours on the Equinox are far more than mine, and you've quickly passed me on the Deus 2, so I trust you know what you are doing and I will quickly become the student.  And on top of that, the stuff you find is easily twice the age of what I find! :biggrin: 

Congrats on the new permission and nice to see you bagged a few keepers!

7 hours ago, Calmark said:

Thanks for sharing your experience with relic mode.  I briefly tried DHC a few days ago and it was a bit deeper than General program, though it falsed on deep iron.  My few minutes in relic mode didn't really tell me much in a short time, but I decided I need more time using it to see how it does in parks in my bad soil.  I do have some hours on the prospecting program, so it probably won't be too foreign when I get my next chance to try it. 

Even though you say you are new to detecting, your hours on the Equinox are far more than mine, and you've quickly passed me on the Deus 2, so I trust you know what you are doing and I will quickly become the student.  And on top of that, the stuff you find is easily twice the age of what I find! :biggrin: 

Congrats on the new permission and nice to see you bagged a few keepers!

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the nice post, and to be the one of the few other than me to mention the big iron falsing. The Equinox does it too, but like the Equinox it just takes a while to learn the audio and the characteristics of coming upon a falsing iron target, I equate it to playing a particular sequence in a video game until you're good at it. 😀 I'm not a big gamer but possibly that is an acquired discipline. Most people don't post their trash, I'm keeping it real.

I've been using iron bias on the Equinox to assist with some kinds of trash like shotgun shells, it pushes the cheap alloys to an iron tone, and I dig far less trash. The older shells are still a problem, guess they used better alloys. There are lots of hunters here. On the 600 you can't push it far enough to lose nickels. It's a crutch, but it works.

There's no bias control on the Deus, so I'm back at square one. 🤬 There are some people looking into Disc IAR in relic mode, I'm going to as well but I'm not gonna be going out this week because I'm getting ready to go to the beach for a week and everything is going to be different 🤣

I'm looking forward to the new permission when I get back, but also can't wait to get out on the beach. I'm going to use the Equinox the first day, and alternate the Deus until I decide which one does a better job. I think it's gonna be about the same. 🙂 My wife wants a diamond 😁

27 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

My wife wants a diamond 😁

Don't they all?!

I tell mine the next time she gets really mad at me for something, put all that anger into squeezing a chunk of charcoal; she can make her own!!🤣.....and so now begins the making of another diamond!😳👍👍

10 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Don't they all?!

I tell mine the next time she gets really mad at me for something, put all that anger into squeezing a chunk of charcoal; she can make her own!!🤣.....and so now begins the making of another diamond!😳👍👍

Sadly I was worse than that, I told her once I'll get her a lump of coal, and if she sits on it for 100,000,000 years she'll be good to go. 😬 Good thing she has a sense of humor 🤔 Now I have to put my money where my mouth is. 🤣

On 4/8/2022 at 7:42 AM, F350Platinum said:

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the nice post, and to be the one of the few other than me to mention the big iron falsing. The Equinox does it too, but like the Equinox it just takes a while to learn the audio and the characteristics of coming upon a falsing iron target, I equate it to playing a particular sequence in a video game until you're good at it. 😀 I'm not a big gamer but possibly that is an acquired discipline. Most people don't post their trash, I'm keeping it real.

I've been using iron bias on the Equinox to assist with some kinds of trash like shotgun shells, it pushes the cheap alloys to an iron tone, and I dig far less trash. The older shells are still a problem, guess they used better alloys. There are lots of hunters here. On the 600 you can't push it far enough to lose nickels. It's a crutch, but it works.

There's no bias control on the Deus, so I'm back at square one. 🤬 There are some people looking into Disc IAR in relic mode, I'm going to as well but I'm not gonna be going out this week because I'm getting ready to go to the beach for a week and everything is going to be different 🤣

I'm looking forward to the new permission when I get back, but also can't wait to get out on the beach. I'm going to use the Equinox the first day, and alternate the Deus until I decide which one does a better job. I think it's gonna be about the same. 🙂 My wife wants a diamond 😁

I went home for the night,this morning went to a old permission loaded with nails,iron of all sorts and sizes! Dug mostly well matter of fact nothing but nails,iron mostly small big headed but acouple bigger chunks of flat iron! Using sensitive ft silencer 4,bottle caps 2 could tell looking back(I was once agian chasing broken signals). Ran deep hc for an hour or so and that's were it gets worse,I only dug iron mostly at good 89-91 tid. Seems to up average by 3-7 numbers and any nail with a big head could go from broken to good with enough wiggle wop!? Are yall seeing this up average of numbers with deep hc? Again I was chasing it just seems really easy to wiggle a nice high false out of deep hc imo!? These are the finds nothing great and 20 iron pieces atleast(nails,chunks,few flatty that got canned,not in pics) anyone know how old the rivet is or pottery(never dug pottery in a hole before)!? The lead piece is odd like a cut off bullet tip or something. Any info on bullet,it has no serrated grooves no rings at all but I'm not familia!?

F350platinum I hope my pics and questions are ok along with my experience this morning which I reckon is related!? No finds to trump yours just some garbage!:) curious for info on said garbage though. 

16495304171316556136119867932470.jpg

16495304427123298170034686646881.jpg

1649530678020335082324097406777.jpg

16495307176276008980284614216123.jpg

2 hours ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

I went home for the night,this morning went to a old permission loaded with nails,iron of all sorts and sizes! Dug mostly well matter of fact nothing but nails,iron mostly small big headed but acouple bigger chunks of flat iron! Using sensitive ft silencer 4,bottle caps 2 could tell looking back(I was once agian chasing broken signals). Ran deep hc for an hour or so and that's were it gets worse,I only dug iron mostly at good 89-91 tid. Seems to up average by 3-7 numbers and any nail with a big head could go from broken to good with enough wiggle wop!? Are yall seeing this up average of numbers with deep hc? Again I was chasing it just seems really easy to wiggle a nice high false out of deep hc imo!? These are the finds nothing great and 20 iron pieces atleast(nails,chunks,few flatty that got canned,not in pics) anyone know how old the rivet is or pottery(never dug pottery in a hole before)!? The lead piece is odd like a cut off bullet tip or something. Any info on bullet,it has no serrated grooves no rings at all but I'm not familia!?

F350platinum I hope my pics and questions are ok along with my experience this morning which I reckon is related!? No finds to trump yours just some garbage!:) curious for info on said garbage though. 

16495304171316556136119867932470.jpg

16495304427123298170034686646881.jpg

1649530678020335082324097406777.jpg

16495307176276008980284614216123.jpg

That's quite a lot of trash ya got there. 🙂 At least you scored some clad, and can pat yourself on the back for getting the junk out of the way. Is that some kind of pottery? Must be mineralized or have some sort of iron content.

So far Deep HC has produced similar results for me except for a gold pin I got in a place littered with nails. It's probably just plate as it was a 63, but I'll probably test it. That mode does seem to false a lot, but only because I'm not used to it yet. People with more experience with the Deus are recognizing something I'm not yet. 🤔 It took me quite a while to sort out iron with the Equinox, so this is going to be similar I think.

In this place I used Relic all day and didn't dig much iron because it always was a lot louder than the pennies that were 82. If your volume is over 7 beware with that mode, you can cause yourself some hearing damage. Relic seemed to force more iron to ID as iron, but a few large pieces still ID'd high. All tones were pretty similar, whether good or bad. The loud ones were really loud.

I'm not a Deus 2 authority yet, you might have posed this question to everyone in a separate thread, but someone might catch this. 🙂

The bullets look too mangled to identify. One might be a flat pistol ball, and there's nothing with the other to compare. 🤷‍♂️

I had pretty good luck with the D2 running Relic mode today. Found 2 silver Rosies and 3 wheaties on a site that I've hit pretty hard with the Nox 800 and Fisher F75, even had a friend out with a CTX 3030. I dug a few nails and other iron garbage, but I more or less knew it was garbage before digging, and only dug them for confirmation. Good targets ranged from 5" (dime on edge) down to 9" on one of the pennies.

The more I use this machine, the more I like it. I can't say I have a favorite mode yet, but Fast is working well for me. Now that the weather is improving in my neck of the woods, I hope to get out and see what the D2 can really do for me.

JP