Suggestions For Future MDT Changes

On 1/9/2023 at 2:53 PM, Denny said:

The tarsacci was a good machine when I first got it hunting the sandy river but not as good at parks.  For the next 2 years I didn’t do well with it.  I picked up the D2 in March 2022 and the tarsacci found its way to the closet. 
One thing that left a sour taste in my mouth was I originally bought the tarsacci from Tom Dankowski in Florida to save on taxes here in California  that upsetted  Dimitar because I didn’t buy from a trans-bay detectors in California. When I received my credit card statement it said Trans-bay detectors. I DIDN’T give authorization to do so. I would never buy from Dimitar again.

When Dimitar releases his next detector I hope he does more testing before he releases it.   
He also needs to chime in when there is a question. Don’t expect others to answer for you.

I personally have no negative comments about Dimitar. Only one about his machine. The audio which is similar to others from Germany & France I think. I can tell you for sure, that he speaks English comfortably but has a very hard time writing in English and prefers not to do so. If you call him he will answer and talk and share with you. He has the very best by far customer service of anyone I have dealt with in forty years detecting. I have not talked to him in several years now so I will give it a try and see if he can give me an update.

• Like 3

I have spoken to Dimitar and he assures me he is hard at work on several different machines that will in compass some of the suggestions that people have voiced over the past two years along with new technologies he has engineered. He is listening to everyone’s suggestions. He does not want to discuss specifics as his larger competitors he feels have borrowed from the MDT salt balance technology which he was the first to have. That being said he did mention and give me the green light to mention the next “models” of MDT’s will offer multiple audio options to suit the individuals needs along with a host of other changes. HE WAS SPECIFIC THAT UPGRADES AND ALTERATIONS OF THE EXISTING MODEL ARE NOT AVAILABLE. He is fearful that he would be swamped with each and everyone’s particular needs or wants and he would have no time for engineering and building the new platform of detectors. They are coming, I just don’t know when. He will be in touch with us when things are ready. Good luck everybody.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Caroline.

That all sounds reasonable to me and also encouraging. I have no doubt I will get his new model when it is introduced. I have confidence in his desire & ability from speaking with him several times.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2023 at 2:12 PM, Carolina said:

I have spoken to Dimitar and he assures me he is hard at work on several different machines that will in compass some of the suggestions that people have voiced over the past two years along with new technologies he has engineered.

Carolina,

Thanks so much for taking the time to talk to Dimitar and let us all know what he said. It is the first news of any kind on Tarsacci Company in quite some time. It will be most interesting to see what he comes up with.

I was hunting with my MDT 8000 yesterday on a pretty hot red dirt homesite. Normally I use Mixed Mode but wanted to use Disc Mode for a change and see how I could do in the heavy nail spots. By lowering the Sensitivity to 4 and Threshold to -2, l was able to hear & interpret the little ticks of iron valses pretty well. An initial false chirp will process out with a few more investigory sweeps.  Thinking about this behavior and understanding that the machine was designed to have a very low Iron Bias so as not to miss deep good targets in tough conditions,  perhaps an adjustable Iron bias filter for when in shallower but polluted sites could be added to the next model?  The Black Sand control works toward this but seems to be too much attenuation & really impacts the depth on small targets. Maybe it just needs to have an adjustment range?  Anyway, just thoughts.
As always the Tarsacci does something surprising every time l hunt with it. I dug some interesting brass that was severely co located with big iron. First pass over it a decent high tone that locked on with repeat passes. Turn 90 degrees & all iron. It was an iron bolt with a large head 6” long, heavily rusted. On the tail end was a Brass sleeve 1 1/2 long. This was at 6” in hot red dirt that reads 4 of 5 bars. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JCR said:

First pass over it a decent high tone that locked on with repeat passes. Turn 90 degrees & all iron. It was an iron bolt with a large head 6” long, heavily rusted. On the tail end was a Brass sleeve 1 1/2 long. This was at 6” in hot red dirt that reads 4 of 5 bars. 

Excellent technique on that one JCR! It is difficult to hunt small bits at depth in heavy iron. A brass thingy next to a big rusty bolt is testament to your skill.

1 hour ago, JCR said:

The Black Sand control works toward this but seems to be too much attenuation & really impacts the depth on small targets.

If you find the black sand costs too much depth, you may consider reducing sensitivity another notch or two first. It is necessary to do what you have to do to hunt a given site of course, but sensitivity can be reduced a surprising amount while keeping a surprising depth capability. A tip from Dimitar that helped me a lot.

Some places I will hunt sens at 1 even. Probably not what a deep relic hunter wants to do, but it will remain remarkably sensitive to quite small. I also tend to run threshold down a bit more in bad ground too. Well, actually quite a bit if you need to. A tip from Aaron. It will smooth the machine out quite a bit without losing much.

A person can get quite aggressive with the settings on a Tarsacci. The controls, though almost unusual to some in this day and age, really make this machine. 

You are too kind.

You are correct on the MDT being surprisingly sensitive at very low/reduced Sens & Threshold levels.

The target I mentioned was all one piece. The brass sleeve is pressed onto the iron shaft, the head is 3" across, total length about 6". I am keeping it for a test target.

Interesting news regarding Dimitar ((still))planning on releasing a new machine.

If he ever does, he may have a difficult time finding dealers especially regarding the way he treated his former ones and sold out to Kellyco. Something he told all of us he would never do……🙄

Aaron

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

40 minutes ago, Aaron said:

If he ever does, he may have a difficult time finding dealers especially regarding the way he treated his former ones and sold out to Kellyco. Something he told all of us he would never do

You appear to be criticizing Dimitar and Kellyco both at once. What is your beef with them?

Aaron, it's good seeing you post. 

He is just stating a fact. I believe he was in good relations with Dimitar and was probably a dealer for Tarsacci.