Tesoro Golden Umax

I have had my Golden uMax for years and only used it lightly as I have other detectors as well.  Anyway I have recently been able to get back to detecting due to some improvements  in my health.  I finally have had time to appreciate the notch settings on this machine.  Nickels no longer hide from me.  It is just like a new machine and I have noticed that you can't hardly even find used ones for sale.  I think I will be hanging on to this detector for sure! 

You have a concentric coil on it? Tesoros really shine in iron infested areas with the concentrics.

Hi Kac.  I have the concentric coil, 8 by 9 I think. 

Davide, have a couple of questions about your discrimination. Do your pulltabs disc. out Before or after the nickels?

TC-AZ

• 2 weeks later...

I have a New tone Golden uMax I love. I use the 8" Brown donut and 5.75' concentric coils as they get good depth with these. I am mostly coin hunter and it found me couple nice Silver halfs and a Barber Quarter even My Etrac missed believe it or not. Tesoro's just seem to find what others miss some how.

On 5/3/2022 at 7:51 PM, TC-AZ said:

Davide, have a couple of questions about your discrimination. Do your pulltabs disc. out Before or after the nickels?

TC-AZ

Pull tabs always above nickels. I get tripped up on half pull tabs (ones cut by mowers) as they usually come in really close to nickels or sometimes just under.