Replace The Equinox Li-ion Battery. Maybe, I Think, Emi

dsb

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I think you'll find every Equinox will have the same "problem",

Over the past few years the power companies have been installing their own wifi units to pick up the newer meters. They have given me problems in the least expected places. When it starts with me I look at the power poles to see where they have put them and move away from them and the NOX settles down.

The wifi boxes are square with a antenna hanging on the bottom of them and are good for up to a mile.

Hope this helps someone, as I always thought it was the power lines until I talked with a friend who is a lineman  for the local power company.

Battery / EMI problems are not related.  It's just not possible.  If it were the case we'd all be getting EMI issues as our batteries run down during a days detecting, crazy notion.  You're on the wrong track.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've been at it the last few days and It's working fine.  Depending on program and the frequency my sensitivity is 17-25 depending on location.  I hit a beach volleyball court today and found a cheap watch and earring.  It's not to trashy but lowered sens to 16 quickly search for fresh drops and was good.  Water is high/fast bottom slants to much to really wade but found a washed out spot that i pulled a sand encrusted quarter and a penny that were 10" deep.  Chased a bottle cap with gold foil that had to be a foot down, I"m a sucker for those!  Thanks everyone