GPX 5000, Deus, AT Pro, Mxt, Eureka Gold, X-terra 705, Best Combo?

Yeah point taken , bugger is the word that comes to mind . You llve and learne or learne the hard way . I had jumped in and ordered a nel before I joined this forum based o online reviews . Anyways thanks Rick and John once again . 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See if I can sell the coil with the sovereign 

If you are going to work the beaches then keep the sovereign because they don't come much better, But for finding find small or thin sectioned things the MXT will Double the depth on those type of items using the same size coil.

The trouble with BBS and FBS systems is they are just not sensitive enough,,, I found One hammered cut half penny in 3 years with my GT, When I got the MXT in the same place re doing the same ground, I found up to 5 a day and I have many posts by other people that changed from FBS to the MXT and their finds when up massively in there same old places, So that is something to think about,

john

I agree with John,the No1 beach VLF machine in the UK is the Sovereign range,why Mineslab ever stopped production of that machine is beyond me,they then bring out the 'kiddies toy' detector called the Go-Find that no one want and those that did fall for the hype cannot sell them, possibly the biggest white elephant that Mineslab have ever bought out.

When a decent Sovereign come on say Ebay they command top dollar,with a WOT coil or other after market coils they just work superbly on the beach,if you do alot of beach work then its worth keeping,but of course if you plan on say doing the odd days detecting or just a bit of fun then it would be a waste of a good detector.

I would also agree and i can only say from experience of UK detecting the MXT for the everyday machine and the Sovereign for the beach,best of both worlds and proven to fill your finds bag with quality finds.

Rick, The GT's are now selling for more than what I paid for mine new,  I never did ever get to turn it up higher than 10 o'clock ish, I dug a 1800 lead toy soldier at 17 inches in the in laws garden using the 10" tornado coil but it was a bugga in ploughed fields and junk filled sites, On cut halves the MXT see's em at about 2 and a half times what the GT does.

John 

Thanks John and rick, I'm going beach detecting over the long weekend with the sovereign and nel coil  but I don't see the need to keep it , I can sell it with the nell coil , the sdc is sold for a good price , so will have enough to pick up a second hand mxt from j66 in Oregon and a second hand GPX from Gerrys metal detectors , not counting the jewellery and coins found . So I'm thinking I would break even and pick up a couple of quality metal detectors 

danny

Was under the impression that the mxt was a superb beach machine , especially with the reviews received . 

Danny

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Was under the impression that the mxt was a superb beach machine , especially with the reviews received . 

Danny

On the dry sand both will be equal,on the wetsand they are in totally different leagues,why because the Sovereign is multi freq the MXT is single freq,i am not say it wont be possible to use the MXT on the wet sand,it wont be happy or in its best enviroment and you may have to throttle the settings down to get it to run stable.

The Sovereign will always win hands down on the wet beach,just see how many folks use one on the UK beaches and that will re-affirm what i am saying,the most popular machines of choice VLF wise will always be the old Sovereign and also other Minelab multi freq machines then possibly the odd DFX which is dual freq and then the dedicated beach bums use the PI machines.

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Danny

It is good on the  Beach but the GT would have the edge,

where as There is Loads of places that the GT just hates and in about 95% of those place the MXT will absolutely kill the GT and on fine jewellery on the Beach it will beat the GT hands down, I'm telling ya you are if for a shock when you see what you have been missing.

john