CTX 3030 Owners

strick

17 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

The orange wire appears to be cut or broken.  Am I seeing this correctly?  If so that seems rather odd to have happened just by typical (manufacturer anticipated) flexing.  (Sorry if I'm late to the party and it's already been figured out.)

Well I don't know what to say but thats what I found. The machine comes disassembled when you buy it. So I installed that plug into the housing arm pod. Seems easy enough as the cable is already there and all you have to do is screw the end into the arm pod. To change coils on the ctx you have to extend the arm pod to disconnect the coil cable and that stretches both cables also extending the coils shaft puts stress on that end as well. The machine is a 2017 so out of warranty even so minelab wont sell me the part because the control panel has to be taken apart to change the cable. 

How to assemble the CTX 3030 out of the box: at the 1:10 mark is the part that broke. 

strick

• 5 weeks later...

Strick

I just saw this and you are not alone in having a kink in the cable.  I noticed one in mine years ago whenever I'd change a coil.  I had to fit the cable around inside the housing and if you were not careful it would pinch when you closed the cover.

I haven't looked at mine in a bit but it's time to get it back out on a beach again.

Mitchel

for some reason there is no stretch in this area even though the cable has windings for just that...what I'm trying to say is that the power cable does not stretch nearly as much as the cable for the coil does...makes me want to look at the 7000 as well..

strick 

• 1 month later...