Quest V80, V60 Coming Soon!!

2 minutes ago, lance peterson said:

So are they really multi frequency all frequency at the same time? 

That's what the marketing states, so yes.

v80.thumb.jpg.fe047901e0058178c770ef51db10c862.jpg

18 hours ago, phrunt said:
18 hours ago, lance peterson said:

So are they really multi frequency all frequency at the same time? 

That's what the marketing states, so yes.

Does it really?  What is the definition of 'multi'?  Answer:  "more than one".  Also note that in the first bullet point it says "ranging from 7 to 80 kHz simultaneously."  Which specific frequencies?  It doesn't say, but presumably in at least one mode it uses 7 kHz and in one mode it uses 80 kHz.

Carl Moreland has said here on DetectorProspector.com that 2 or 3 frequencies are what is needed and any more than three is inefficient.  It's possible he's changed his mind, but until I see him say so I'm going with that.

As far as knowing which frequencies are actually being transmitted and particularly which (with what weighting) are being processed on the receiving end for each mode, don't hold your breath waiting for that to be answered by the manufacturer.  People here will eventually figure out the transmitted frequencies, which is easy to do with the right equipment (i.e. spectrum analyzer).  But what happens with the reception is a proprietary secret which only hacking the processing code (or bribing the software engineers at Quest 😏) can answer.

• Like 1

All I care about with this frequencies mumbo jumbo is if it works and if it works better than my existing detectors, I don't care what frequencies and how many, I care that it finds the targets I want regardless of how it does it 🙂  I'll leave the finer details up to the engineers, after all they're the ones that really understand it, to me they're a number that I know very little about.

If it finds tiny gold and claims its using frequencies up to 80kHz to do so, that's fantastic, if it uses some other frequency but still finds the same tiny gold I desire I'm just as happy.

If it can shift off 5kHz and 12kHz I'd like that, they're the two most troublesome frequencies for EMI around this area.  I'd like a multi freaker that has the ability to adjust it's weighted frequencies to offset EMI.  If it is weighted to say 5 10 and 20 for it's coin mode I'd like if a noise cancel would adjust 5 to 6 if it sees 5 is loaded with EMI and uses 6/10/20 instead, now that would be a great noise cancel method.

Frequency shifting really works well

When do you see a modern noise cancelling detector work as well as this

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
On 1/29/2023 at 1:19 PM, phrunt said:

What could be the benefit of this?

• Embodied gyro sensor

The detector links to your iPhone via Bluetooth, and in the event that you tumble down a hill, it access the SoS mode and calls for help 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5