Coin Relic Hunt Equinox 900

I managed to get in a short coin and relic hunt today with the Equinox 900.

I was at a high altitude 1880s site in the Colorado Central Rockies.

I really wasn't expecting much but I will definitely be returning to this site again.

It was a site with a clearly marked stone foundation. The ground was loaded with both iron trash and extreme iron mineralization. The harmonica reeds and the 45-90 Winchester Repeating Arms WCF shell casing were near the surface and were easy pickings.

The other targets were deep enough to have extremely jumpy target IDs. This was not the Equinox 900's fault. I blame it on extreme mineralization and tons of iron trash.

The 1876 seated silver dime was barely giving a non-ferrous response 5" deep but it gave enough for me to go after it. The 1886 V nickel did not give a nickel ID until I had removed about 4 inches of dirt.

I dug plenty of other 1880s trash.

If you see something you recognize in this photo besides the things I mentioned, don't hesitate to chime in. I am not much of a relic person.

I was using the Equinox 900 with 6" coil in Park 2 Multi, with -9 to 99 accepted, DP tones, sensitivity 20, iron bias 0, recovery speed 5.

DSCN0492.jpeg

Very nice finds again for you and I can tell that you are happy with the outcome.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe.

Great hunt and finds. That's tough ground.

That key date 1886V is in fantastic condition.  That definitely made the trip worthwhile.  Not something you often see!

1 hour ago, Tom B said:

That was a good hunt for sure, I have hunting a lot more in Park 2, with my Nox 900, but I still prefer my Deus 1 as my primary unit.

The Equinox 900 did very well at that site. I could have bumped up recovery speed a bit more. Depth tones gave me excellent VCO ferrous/non ferrous audio. Thanks for adding that feature Minelab.

I will be taking my Deus 2 into that area next time. I wish it had a smaller coil than the 9" however.

Those are some nice finds in very good condition too. Glad you were able to get on a good site.