Something New Coming For XP Deus II

☠ Cipher

3 hours ago, strick said:

Well at least you can say that XP finishes what they start... 

I would have bought the small elliptical had that been the surprise...I'm wondering what the hold up is on that? they already have the molds from the Deus 1 (I still have that machine and coil) I know that the battery is in the shaft on that coil...is there just not enough room inside the coil to make it happen with the Deus ? It seems that the 9 inch round on the deus 2 is the same size as it was on the Deus 1 ......sorry for the ramble...

strick

I think you nailed it, strick. The hold up with the 10x5" coil is probably making the D2 FMF processor circuit board fit in the elliptical coil. I remember your coil Xrays of the origirnal Deus 9" and 10x5" coils and there is quite a difference inside.

XrayCoil-Deus-9-horz.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of space if they make the elliptical a closed design, which I'm sure most would prefer anyway.

On 6/23/2023 at 10:00 PM, ☠ Cipher said:

I see no reason existing Deus 1 coils couldn’t be made to work with the Deus 2 remote. If the Hoard Hunter, originally intended for the Deus 1 remote, will now work for only the Deus 2 remote, this suggests interchangeability that is inexplicably being held back. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to operate the old HF coils on the Deus 2? 

Although I basicaly agree, it probably wouldn't be multifrequency-ready. So it would be sort of emergency solution, until new HF coil is released.

There also can be a new version of communication protocol between coil and remote, that is not backwards compatible. If so, they would have to implement communication with older coils separately -> more bugs, delays.

Another thing, that we don't know - hardware transmitter/receiver can be incompatible too. So they would have to add second receiver to RC? If so, it doesn't make sense either.

Old HF coils had quite a lot of issues with batteries. I would rather have new, optimised coils with improved reliability, than making everything compatible with old tech...

I don’t think anything new would interest me other than a small elliptical coil. When can we expect to find out what the big hubbub is all about?

On 6/27/2023 at 3:27 PM, relicmeister said:

I don’t think anything new would interest me other than a small elliptical coil. When can we expect to find out what the big hubbub is all about?

Good question! There was no mention of it at the big rally in Italy unless I missed it? So maybe a long wait until this fall at Detectival? Don't mind me I'm a little bit cynical and being a Smart A$$!

Uhym that is true! You can buy perfect Twobox from Nexus but eliptical HF will be perfect idea.

Extrem Hunter 2 coil fmf