Equinox 600 Vs 700 Comparison

One of the major things you'll find with something like that Manticore that you'll miss with your Equinox 800 is the big hole in your wallet buying the Manticore leaves.

Detectors were already so good before these new ones come out that there is not a significant difference in my opinion, yes they have strong points older models may not, how much that changes someones finds really depends on what they hunt and where, for a majority of people I suspect there would be very little difference in their finds.

On 7/2/2023 at 2:30 AM, phrunt said:

One of the major things you'll find with something like that Manticore that you'll miss with your Equinox 800 is the big hole in your wallet buying the Manticore leaves.

Detectors were already so good before these new ones come out that there is not a significant difference in my opinion, yes they have strong points older models may not, how much that changes someones finds really depends on what they hunt and where, for a majority of people I suspect there would be very little difference in their finds.

Thats a refreshing and honest post from somebody that has experience with both!

On 7/2/2023 at 9:30 AM, phrunt said:

Exactly... it isnt what your swinging but if you swing over something worth finding and you happen to hit the target. If it isn't there you cannot find it.

From my experience what has changed between mid priced point units to flagship models is how the machine interprets the feedback from the signal in the ground. Software refinements have improved on this part in modern metal detectors pretty good compared to units 10 years ago.

Continuation of my thoughts after really being able to use it...I've now got about 12-15hrs on the 700.

On the wetsand, I have to stay in Beach 2. Beach 1 is unstable. On the drysand, I've been hunting in Beach 1 and it works well.

I have done a few tests and can't find a depth difference between beach 1 and 2 on my beaches. I can also crank up the sens a bit more in beach 2 because its more quiet...I need to do more tests on this though but ive yet to find a target that beach 2 couldn't recognize that beach 1 found. I wonder if we will see an update on the beach 1 mode...

The dP, depth audio tone is a huge improvement on the beach. It gives more depth and information and I can crank the sensitivity up 1-3 numbers vs the beep tones. I do feel like I am finding targets right now that I would have missed with my 600. The amount of deep or on the edge targets I am finding seems more than I typically would find with my 600. Maybe I am used to hunting in this type of mode from my CZ21/Excal days but its a very welcome change and is making a big difference in the way I hunt.

At this point my general feeling is that if you are a beach detector, its worth upgrading your older 600/800 to the next gen. Build quality is better but imo its not worth upgrading for that little stuff, its the dP feature that is a huge difference on the beach. If you wouldn't like that feature, its probably worth keeping your old machine. Nox 600/800 should have just included it. This is the machine they should have been.

Will update again once I do some more beach 1 vs beach 2 tests...

• 2 weeks later...

Another update on the new equinox on the beach...

I've been digging up pull tabs, bottle tops, can slaw, etc. from a TDI of around 8 all the way to 60.

Found a gold chain laying on the sand, barely detectable and getting a negative number and grunt because of a rusty pendant on it

• 5 weeks later...
On 14/7/2023 at 14:33, adamBomb said:

Otra actualización sobre el nuevo equinoccio en la playa...

He estado desenterrando tiradores, tapas de botellas, repollo, etc. desde un TDI de alrededor de 8 hasta 60.

Encontré una cadena de oro tirada en la arena, apenas detectable y obteniendo un número negativo y un gruñido debido a un colgante oxidado en ella.

How is that 700 going on the beach? Do you have more hours?

Tell us a little...