6" Concentric For 24K Finally Available

WOWOWOWOWOW they've made the 6" Concentric coil.

GarrettCoils.jpg.4079f630dfbae3b1214254734d414164.jpg

I'm so glad they're including coil covers, the covers are just impossible to get in NZ otherwise, and importing a coil cover from the USA costs what you guys pay for the coil 🙂

I guess they felt the other sizes were not going to be good sellers, but in reality that Concentric is the must have coil for 24k owners.  This is great news, thanks Garrett.

• Like 9

I'm not sure I'd count the other coils out per se, though I have heard no plans for either the very large or very small DD coils. Neither was very popular so rather unlikely.

This 6" concentric took longer by far than I was hoping when Garrett reintroduced the 24K, but the pandemic happened and Axiom stole attention away, and so it got delayed. They did totally remake the coil though so it was more than just slapping a Garrett sticker on the old White's coil.

Anyway, long in coming, but this 6" coil is the preferred coil by many, including myself, on the 24K. So good on Garrett finally getting it done, and with scuff covers included.

garrett-goldmaster-24k-6-inch-concentric-coil.jpg

garrett-goldmaster-24k-6-concentric-search-coil.jpg

• Like 8

So I'm glad that Garrett put this 6" concentric coil on sale... for the Goldmaster 24K... especially because it will be easily available here in Europe... I confess... that I've already been several times thumb on the trigger..to buy it .overseas ..from USA...for my Goldmaster 24K....but even there it was not easy with the availability or shipping of this coil..

...Garrett proves here again....that he is a major player in the detector market..so....thumbs up...for this information...👍:smile:

• Like 5

I keep looking at the 24k like that meme of the boyfriend checking out the girl walking past - my current girlfriend being an XP ORX. My buddy has a GM1000 with the small coil and he seems to find it good for crevice detecting, etc whereas the ORX with larger coils are just doesn't seem to hit the same.

Being a dedicated high frequency detector, how does the 24k go as a general relic detector (the ORX's other use)?

This is a little off-topic, but it's spiked directly by this 6" coil release.

16 hours ago, RedDirtDan said:

I keep looking at the 24k like that meme of the boyfriend checking out the girl walking past - my current girlfriend being an XP ORX. My buddy has a GM1000 with the small coil and he seems to find it good for crevice detecting, etc whereas the ORX with larger coils are just doesn't seem to hit the same.

Being a dedicated high frequency detector, how does the 24k go as a general relic detector (the ORX's other use)?

This is a little off-topic, but it's spiked directly by this 6" coil release.

The 24K is a dedicated gold nugget machine, which might have some application for hunting micro-jewelry. But as a general relic hunter I’d stick with what you have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Steve:  you mentioned that Garrett did a total remake on the 6" coil.   I am curious what the "remake" entails, if that information is available and can be shared publicly?  I am also curious if anyone has had the opportunity or plans to compare the in-field real-world performance between the White's 6" coil and the Garrett 6" coil.  Just intellectual curiosity. 

• Like 2

I am curious also as to what the significant differences are between this coil and the White’s 6”.  I understand the new one and original one are both concentric, so what makes the difference?  Just curious if it would be worth the upgrade for someone with the original White’s 6” coil.

• Like 2