Finally Have All 4 Coils 24K

I see where they have finally added both the 6" Concentric and 10" Elliptical D/D to their website.  They both come with a skid plate.  My cost on the 10" was $17.97!  Whites sold them retail for $8.  While the 6" is my favorite, I'd like to see them make the 4"X6" D/D as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

White's originally designed and made the 24K. They also made an underwater version, the GMX Sport. Four coils were produced, 8x14 DD, 6x10 DD, 6" round concentric, and a 4x6 DD. The 4x6 was only made for the GMX right before White's went out of business. Garrett has since taken over White's and makes the 24K, plus the 6x10 and 6" round coils. They have not reproduced the 8x14 or 4x6 DD coil. The only way to get them is to find a used one. Both are rare since they were made a short while, and the 4x6 DD in particular rare as hen's teeth. I regret selling the one I had.

whites-search-coils-goldmaster-24k-mx-sport-14-10-8-6-4.jpg

Garrett Coils.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

the 4x6 DD in particular rare as hen's teeth. I regret selling the one I had.

I also never found one available for a sensible price either. It was the one coil I could have used a lot if I had one 😞 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aureous said:

I also never found one available for a sensible price either. It was the one coil I could have used a lot if I had one 😞 

I've been trying to get one for ages now, appears impossible.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The 4x6 DD really never had many sold by itself, they mainly got sold with the introductory GMX Sport package. That was neat detector in that it was a waterproof 24K and came with both the 6" concentric and 4x6 DD initially. I've been trying to talk Garrett into selling the 24K stock with the 6" round instead of 6x10 DD. Anyway, this was all right at the end of White's, very few GMX produced, but the best way to get that coil might be to shop for a GMX instead of just the coil itself. Again, because almost none were sold separately.

whites-gmx-sport-introductory-offer.jpg

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, phrunt said:

although that 4x6 is out there but, it does take a bit to locate one that someone is willing to part with, I just happened to be looking at the rite time and I am not one that is afraid to ask if someone is willing to sell things separately, it took me a month or so and calling people that had them before I finally was able to locate the one I have  

• Like 1

I would not worry about it much as the 6" concentric is the go to coil. The 4x6 DD is weaker than I'd expect. I think that is because White's built a 1/2" air space into the bottom of the coil. I got one as I intended to cut the bottom off, since the windings themselves are actually set in epoxy like the old Fisher Gold Bug 2 small coil. Getting the tiny bits in proximity to the winding is key, and I thought I might be onto something. But then White's went under, and I sold my entire White's package. When Garrett picked it up..... well, now I wished I'd kept the coil to at least do that experiment. But again I think the 6" concentric is the optimum coil, gets better sensitivity and depth than the 4x6 DD.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

I love that little 4x6 coil it is very handy when you are in areas where you have to get a coil in between very tight spots that the other three coils will not fit into, on the opposite side of the coin i also love that 14x8 when you have areas that you can swing a bigger coil like larger open areas that do not have any or very few obstacles to get around, all four of the coils for the 24K have there place of use  

• Like 3

Here is how I look at it when I own a detector, I purchase as many of the available coils for what ever particular detector, I would rather purchase the coils and have the options whether I ever use all the coils or not because there will come a time I run into a situation that a big coil will work better than a 6 inch round same goes for the 6 inch round there are times it works better, it is the same for all coils there are times I use that little 4x6 when I need it, if I didn't have it i would be wishing I did, when I am out detecting I do not like putting myself into a situation where I am wishing I had this coil or that coil, when I go into a spot to detect I carry every coil I have purchased with me for the particular detector I will be swinging, just like the Axiom, I purchased two other coils for it also and am planning on picking up a third extra coil just to have the options for situations that arise that call for a different coil, if I never use one of those other options oh well it does not matter but if I need a different option i have it

That was one of my issues with the Gold Monster was the limited coils that were available, there were and still are only two why ??

• Like 1