The XP Xtrem Hunter For Deus II

☠ Cipher

If it doesn’t work in mineralized ground (I have no idea if it will or won’t but as an IB I suspect it won’t) then it is worthless compared to a PI.   I love the video btw, can’t wait to find septic tanks and all those deep hammers. :rolleyes:  Guess I will wait until I see some field tests before I render judgement on its usefulness for me, but I’m honestly not interested in paying over $1500 so I can then bust my butt digging a three foot hole to find a plowshare.  I find enough of those at one foot.   There just isn’t enough buried hoards in my neck of the woods to justify this and not sure if it is good at finding trash pits or huts, especially in the hot dirt and carpets of nails where most reside around here.

Almost the price of D2 without headphones and a panel. I'm waiting for that special SMF technology features ;).

According to an email calabash digger received this unit will have a two tone ID system. One for moderate ferrous and another for moderate non-ferrous. It will ignore small iron as a matter of course. The email also supposedly states that it will utilize FMF to eliminate ground falsing that plagues other two box units. 

I’ll tell you the truth guys, I have no interest in digging a hole as deep as that thing can probably detect.  I don’t care how much it costs.  🥴😁

The old saying you can please some of the people some of the time, 

but not all of the people all of the time seems fitting here.

Frankly, I don’t have a single permission where I could use something like this. Even if I did, I don’t have the capability or inclination to dig that big a hole in someone’s old trash dump.  Imagine trying to dig that big a hole by hand with big tree roots. How long would you have to spend digging and chopping roots just to find an old stove door, boiler plate or the like?  I would rather spend my day finding more good targets that are recoverable.  Now if it had an add-on accessory that could dig its own hole and cover it back up nice as new while you kept hunting elsewhere...

Personally, I can't see myself digging that deep either, but I can see others doing it for their specific types of hunting. There's a guy in my detecting club who routinely digs large holes up to neck deep to find old bottles. So to each, their own. 😎

IMG_7192.JPEG

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Personally, I can't see myself digging that deep either, but I can see others doing it for their specific types of hunting. There's a guy in my detecting club who routinely digs large holes up to neck deep to find old bottles. So to each, their own. 😎

IMG_7192.JPEG

Great photo CPT! In addition to the eastern and local bottles, I have heard of and seen some powerful Western glass such as Bitters,Whiskeys,Sodas and Medicines from California,Nevada and Oregon that have been dug in Colorado.Thanks for posting.

A 2 box set up is definitely a specialty tool for out of the ordinary treasure hunting.  What is needed to go along with the tool is knowledge & technique. Bottle dumps,  large Civil War relic & hut sites, substantiated Caches and Post Hole Banks are not common features of most Permissions but they exist. Research and lots of time on the ground is required.  You also have to work smarter not just harder. A proper set of ground/bottle probes can save you a lot of unproductive digging as will a big coil on a good VLF discriminator.  It is tough to do alone but that is what a lot of the early guys did with less equipment but more time and more opportunities.  Can you imagine being able to hunt along the actual Oregon Trail before it was all obliterated or fenced off? There were scores of Pioneer trails thru hostile territory.  Or a battlefield or Winter camp? How about Galveston or Padre Island. 

We have less opportunity today but better equipment. You have to admire those early hunters who were very secretive and successful.