Introducing The Minelab Profind 40

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For more info including price ($139)

Not interested at all. I have zero hope it would actually go deep enough for my liking. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'm about as excited about that as well, nothing really...

A red paint job, slightly larger speaker holes to let more noise out and make it easier to clean but still smack where you hand holds the pinpointer blocking the noise, the guy in the video even does it and says whoops, covering the speaker there. 🙂

They've added the desperately needed rapid re-tune that other Pinpointers have had forever onto it so you don't have to keep turning it off and on again when it goes crazy, sort of a bandaid to the Pro Find 35's instability in higher sensitivity settings where the only option is turning it off and on again over and over again or running in a low sensitivity and losing a lot of performance..

10% deeper they say, I recall hearing something like that with the GPZ 19" coil.   I'd like to put that to the test.

All in all they are not selling me one of these.  My 35 experience was so bad they'd need to do a redesign and give it to me for free before I'd want it, not just a few small modifications.  Hopefully they've fixed up the Pro-Find 35's instability and then it would be a reasonable pinpointer for someone that only wants to use Minelab.

I’m yawning along with you. Nothing really innovative here. 

• Like 1

Now I know I've only just done my morning exercise with my one sit up as I got out of bed and I'm half asleep but did this detect-spurt just turn the Pro-Find 35 on with the thing damn near touching the belt buckle de-tuning the crap out of it that she's trying to show the 40 detects a greater distance on?  She does the same with the 40 but appears to hold it slightly further away from the buckle and then gets a tiny depth of about an inch the large metal object.  I've started the video at the location so you don't have to put yourself through the misery of watching it all.

I gave up watching the video at that point, it appeared to be just a marketing video with no real information, I'll wait for end users videos not promoters.

She even said the package came from Australia when clearly on the DHL label it said country of origin Malaysia 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

not sure but it also looked to me like she was using a metal ruler also which if so could have de tuned both even more, either way, don't think I will be giving up my X Pointer Max with the magic holster anytime soon

The ruler looks clear plastic to  me.

I had a small discussion with the Detect-spurt on Youtube and she's assured me the stability problems of the 35 are resolved on the 40, and if this is the case then the 40's probably a pretty good pinpointer. 

I wish Minelab would move away from the barrel shaped grip… It’s not very ergonomic and doesn’t fit well into many of the generic holsters. I personally prefer the ergonomics, depth and abrasion-resistant material of the F-Pulse.

• Like 5