Sphinx 03 Pinpointer

On 28.07.2023 at 20:28, phrunt said:

Это ваш пинпоинтер? У меня не было этого достаточно долго, чтобы составить правильное мнение, но оно кажется довольно хорошим, приложение для телефона, хотя и не на английском языке, простое в использовании и превосходное, чтобы упростить управление настройками, чем надоедливые комбинации кнопок и звуковых сигналов других пинпоинтеров. Если кто-то может использовать детектор Nokta, такой как Simplex или Legend, он может достаточно легко ориентироваться в приложении, не говоря по-русски 🙂 Я предлагаю сделать английское приложение, хотя это не так много слов для перевода, и это будет иметь большое значение, а не просто использовать немного значки в качестве руководства относительно того, что делают настройки.

Он не так чувствителен к мелкому золоту, как Whites TRX (все равно снят с производства), но выглядит немного лучше, чем Minelab Pro-Find 35, и лучше, чем Garrett AT.   

TRX продемонстрировал чувствительность в тестах на воздухе, хотя мне никогда не удавалось работать с максимальной чувствительностью на земле, так как это было бы нестабильно, Sprinx до сих пор работал для меня в основном стабильно. Иногда после большого металла он продолжает звучать выключенным, пока я его не выключу и не включу, но в остальном он работает совершенно стабильно на максимальной чувствительности. Было приятно видеть, что максимальная чувствительность установлена по умолчанию, часто это не так, поскольку вы все равно не можете использовать максимальную чувствительность, как TRX.

Как будет время выложу видео со сравнением.

Я еще не сравнивал со своим ХР Ми-4, так как потерял его, но нашел его сегодня утром на подвеске ГПЗ. Я сто лет не пользовался подвеской или Ми-4 🙂

I can answer some questions about this pinpointer.
SPHINX 03 has the ability to update the firmware (the device that you have) ... I see no reason to continue the speech, since this is the answer to all your questions. You don't have to wait much. It remains to turn on GPX (GPZ) with the pinpointer turned off and see how they will live nearby. Skiing is out of competition, so be patient)

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, pavelka72 said:

I can answer some questions about this pinpointer.
SPHINX 03 has the ability to update the firmware (the device that you have) ... I see no reason to continue the speech, since this is the answer to all your questions. You don't have to wait much. It remains to turn on GPX (GPZ) with the pinpointer turned off and see how they will live nearby. Skiing is out of competition, so be patient)

Thanks for your reply, I did not know the Sphinx 03 was firmware updatable 🙂  That is awesome and a first as far as I know.

I will test it out with the GPX and GPZ soon, it sounds like you already know the results which is a very positive thing. 

It is Ski season here; I am in the Southern Hemisphere.  

So far, I'm impressed with it.  It may possibly become my primary pin pointer.

7 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Спасибо за ваш ответ, я не знал, что Sphinx 03 поддерживает обновление прошивки 🙂   Это потрясающе и впервые, насколько мне известно.

Я скоро проверю это с GPX и GPZ, похоже, вы уже знаете результаты, что очень положительно. 

Здесь лыжный сезон; Я в Южном полушарии.  

Пока что я впечатлен этим. Возможно, он станет моим основным пин-поинтером.

I heard this opinion: "Two hours on a treasure hunt with Magnetic and there is no turning back" - You should be ready for this :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pavelka72 said:

I heard this opinion: "Two hours on a treasure hunt with Magnetic and there is no turning back" - You should be ready for this 🙂

Bold and brave, admirable.  Fingers crossed it meets expectations.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'll try get a video or two up next week, I'm very busy at the moment building myself a little cabin for my detecting stuff to go into

On behalf of DetectorProspector……we demand photo’s of the ultimate man cave when it is complete. If not, you will be banned 😂

Will there be a small bar area as well 😎

Hugely envious as you can tell 😒

• Like 1

I'll put up some photos of my little Cabin once the weather improves, in the middle of a storm at the moment and likely snowing later so I'll wait until the weather clears and get some current ones.

Here is a quick video I just knocked up comparing the Sphinx 03 along with the XP Mi-4, Garrett AT, Whites TRX, Fisher F-Pulse and Nokta Pulse dive on some shotgun pellets, nuggets and a coin for a quick comparison between them.  

I think the TRX is the most sensitive but also the most unstable when at high sensitivity, the Sphinx ends up being the best overall on tiny shotgun pellets as it has almost the sensitivity of the TRX but runs stable at highest sensitivity.

I broke my Pulse Dive just before filming this video trying to remove the coil off it to put the pinpointer tip on it, the thing just shattered for no apparent reason.

IMG_0972.thumb.jpg.63859ec74cf084f1fa688c5641679fd3.jpg

I've never even had the chance to use it but its run out of warranty I think (lost the receipt) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the test vid.

Unless it has the feature that disconnects the coil when off to prevent GPZ interference with larger coils, looks like personally not worth it for me personally to try to wrangle one up from Russia or wherever. I'm pretty used to using the side of the Carrot for small stuff already, it's actually nicer using the side for cracks and smoshing through spoil piles for tiny targets I overshot. 

If that Sphinx pinpointer was available and easy to buy in the US or if it disconnects it's coil when off though, I'd go for one. The stability at high sensitivity is nice.

From those comparisons you did, seems like Garrett could have a small win with a Carrot 2 incorporating the TRX guts but made more stable, and with a coil disconnect. 

• Like 1

Yes, unless they had a US dealer and service agent then it's not really worth importing one with the costs involved considering the difference is marginal to other easier to get pin pointers although the Sphinx does have great features, the phone apps cool, and the discrimination is better than Minelabs attempt.  

The good thing for coin hunting is having discrimination enabled doesn't appear to hinder depth, with the Pro-Find it does, as soon as its switched on your depth drops. That's why I left it on during these tests on the Sphinx and turned discrimination off on the Pro-Find, as it just makes no difference to performance with the Sphinx so may as well have it on.

The TRX would be great if it could run stable, it just can't, the chances of me having 3 bad ones is slim you'd think unless Whites had major quality control problems, it's weird each of my TRX behave slightly differently, with one even being slightly more sensitive than another, no consistency in builds.  I guess they're irrelevant now they no longer exist anyway.  For me I just can't run a TRX in maximum sensitivity, not only the instability but also it reacts too badly to my soils in the prospecting areas to run at maximum.  Lower it off maximum sensitivity and it improves, on 3 out of 4 it's pretty stable, on 2 of 4 its very stable, on 4 it's a mess.

So out of the tested Pinpointers I believe the Sphinx is number 1 for tiny targets seeing its stable at maximum sensitivity and handles the ground fine, I've turned it on in my yard with the GPZ and I can't see any problems but I have too much EMI around to know for sure so I'll have to go remote to test that.

The Garrett is really up there though, not far behind the Sphinx in tiny targets when you know where on the Carrot to use, and similar if not slightly better than the XP.  

The Pulses do pretty good on the size gold I was demonstrating but once you get them on the pellets you see how insensitive they are to very small targets.

If Garrett did a mash up between the TRX and the Pro Pointer AT they'd have a killer pinpointer, even if they could make the TRX more stable and more consistent quality it would be great.  I wonder if the TRX winding was hand made.  @Geotechmaybe able to answer that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'll put up some photos of my little Cabin once the weather improves, in the middle of a storm at the moment and likely snowing later so I'll wait until the weather clears and get some current ones.

Here is a quick video I just knocked up comparing the Sphinx 03 along with the XP Mi-4, Garrett AT, Whites TRX, Fisher F-Pulse and Nokta Pulse dive on some shotgun pellets, nuggets and a coin for a quick comparison between them.  

I think the TRX is the most sensitive but also the most unstable when at high sensitivity, the Sphinx ends up being the best overall on tiny shotgun pellets as it has almost the sensitivity of the TRX but runs stable at highest sensitivity.

I broke my Pulse Dive just before filming this video trying to remove the coil off it to put the pinpointer tip on it, the thing just shattered for no apparent reason.

IMG_0972.thumb.jpg.63859ec74cf084f1fa688c5641679fd3.jpg

I've never even had the chance to use it but its run out of warranty I think (lost the receipt) 

I use most of time lvl. 3 of sensitivity. Working fine for me.

For XP Deus users Mi6 loses in all parameters except for compatibility and sound transmission to headphones. But i mostly dig in public place. So i use silent mode with only WS6 and vibro in Sphinx02. No problem with gloves.

I don't know about Magnetic in old place, but i am searching in modern trash. Mostly time coin shooting. Average dig rate per hour very high. Therefore, saving 5-10 seconds for each signal is very important

yes level 3 on the Sphinx = maximum and works well for me.

In high trash I can see the discrimination and auto turn on and off would be very handy time saving features.