Old Ring Id Help

Found this puttering around an old park, wasn't very deep and happened to be near a junk brass ring so I thought this was a clunker too and just chucked it in my pouch.

Ring is silver, no hallmark on it, probably worn off.

71252270256__184D47D7-707E-457B-B80A-A2B5B529C904.thumb.JPG.080cd73c0829938924c837ff6c1726ed.JPG

Nice Lapis ring kac! 👍 The deer head indicates hunting, or sport. Great relic, congrats. I like how they inlaid it in the horns too. Is the inside under the stone hollow?

Awesome ring. That has a lot of character to it. One of the nicest older rings I have seen.

Nice ring. Looks old.

That is a neat ring and a great find.  

Very nice find and looks like something from the 1930 to 1950 era hunting clubs. They would give out rings or watches with awards to the top winners, should be easy to find out which club had that style. Most were made from a person in the state or area of the club.

I will look through some of grandfathers old books to see if I can find it.

Good luck on your next hunt.

That's an impressive find, kac, and does indeed look pretty old. I would guess, as Valens suggested, a hunting lodge ring or possibly a fraternal organization like the Elks or something similar. Well done!

On 8/2/2023 at 2:55 PM, kac said:

Found this puttering around an old park

From looking into the old books at my disposal this is the closest thing that I have found.

The ring appears to be from the Elks club of New Haven,Connecticut from what I am finding out. That is the only group that was using that set of antlers on their items.The bumps below the antlers are the facial features and that style of ring was worn from the higher position leaders. The rings were made of sterling silver or 14kt gold, most were silver.

Nice find.