Sakobs Gc-1078 Metal Detector Review & Testing

Hey all,

I'm delighted to join this community. I'm Jolin from SAKOBS. 😊

I'd like to ask all of you metal-detecting enthusiasts if you'd be willing to assist us in experiencing and testing our latest development, the GC-1078 metal detector. 

This detector is still designed for beginners and newcomers to the world of metal detecting.

If you're open to lending a hand in trying it out and providing genuine feedback, such as areas for improvement or suggestions for additional features, please leave me a message. 

Thanks again!🙏

Best regards,
Jolin

With all due respect……eBay and the like are flooded with $50 metal detectors and probably don’t need anymore. I’m sorry I can’t be more constructive than that. 

You need to improve your branding, to distinguish yourself from all the other cheap Chinese brands. Calling it a GC-10xx immediately tells everyone it's yet another Gold Century machine from China, indistinguishable from the same GC-1078 sold under the "Eenour" name, and doubtless others. Think up an original name for it, it's not a power-drill or a garden waste shredder.
Don't call it a "Professional" detector. Firstly, it's not at all professional. Secondly, everyone knows that over-stating low-end products is a common marketing practice. Describing the poorest quality batteries as "Super High Power", for example. Years ago, a friend of mine had an "Al Carter Professional" mountainbike. It was the worst pile of cheap garbage you could possibly find.

Describing it as 'waterproof' , when it's just the coil that is submersible is a bit misleading.

Don't include a cheap folding spade. Just sell the detector, headphones. Let the buyer use his own spade or trowel. If you must include a digging tool, a small hand tool would be preferred.

More transparency about who you really are might help. Your website says nothing about the company corporate information, where it is located, etc. Your Facebook page says this:

About Sakobs
Sakobs – Easy to listen to sound, Easy life

【Who We are】 Welcome to Sakobs! We are an international leading soundbar manufacturer founded in 2005, focused on retail and Wholesale. We have self-developed many highly-rated electronics products, such as soundbars for computers and TV. Sakobs employs the most talented developers to create high-level products.

【Our Mission】 Sakobs provides users high-quality sound experience whenever gaming, meeting, watching a movie, etc. at a decent price. And make our products a companion in our customers' lives.

【Our purpose】 Sakobs always cherish every customer’s feedback on products and services to provide comfortable customer service. Today, Sakobs’s products and services are trusted by more than 1 million users worldwide. This encourages Sakobs to keep moving forward!

Soundbars?

So I did a Whois lookup on your domain and basically it looks like you are a front for Alibaba.

Domain Information

Domain: sakobs.com

Registrar: Alibaba Cloud Computing (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
Registered On: 2019-03-06
Expires On: 2024-03-06
Updated On: 2023-02-04

Name Servers:

dns29.hichina.com
dns30.hichina.com

Registrant Contact

State: guang dong

Email: https://whois.aliyun.com/whois/whoisForm

Raw Whois Data

Domain Name: sakobs.com
Registry Domain ID: 2366833994_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: grs-whois.hichina.com
Registrar URL: http://www.net.cn Updated Date: 2022-06-14T14:20:56Z Creation Date: 2019-03-06T20:20:53Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2024-03-06T20:20:53Z

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alibaba_Group

I think PimentoUK above gave about as good a commentary as you might hope for here. My basic reaction is this is a made in China detector available for quantity purchase and resold widely under various company names. The mentioned site eenour.com is also registered to Alibaba. A very low end entry level product by a company trying to obscure its origins, not something I’d personally have any interest in at all.

18 hours ago, Tony said:

With all due respect……eBay and the like are flooded with $50 metal detectors and probably don’t need anymore. I’m sorry I can’t be more constructive than that. 

Hi,

While we respect your viewpoint, we also want to assure you that SAKOBS continually strives to offer innovative solutions and a high level of customer satisfaction. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. 

17 hours ago, PimentoUK said:

You need to improve your branding, to distinguish yourself from all the other cheap Chinese brands. Calling it a GC-10xx immediately tells everyone it's yet another Gold Century machine from China, indistinguishable from the same GC-1078 sold under the "Eenour" name, and doubtless others. Think up an original name for it, it's not a power-drill or a garden waste shredder.
Don't call it a "Professional" detector. Firstly, it's not at all professional. Secondly, everyone knows that over-stating low-end products is a common marketing practice. Describing the poorest quality batteries as "Super High Power", for example. Years ago, a friend of mine had an "Al Carter Professional" mountainbike. It was the worst pile of cheap garbage you could possibly find.

Describing it as 'waterproof' , when it's just the coil that is submersible is a bit misleading.

Don't include a cheap folding spade. Just sell the detector, headphones. Let the buyer use his own spade or trowel. If you must include a digging tool, a small hand tool would be preferred.

Hi,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on our products and branding. We truly appreciate your insights.

Our metal detector is designed for beginners and newbies to metal detecting. We understand that experienced professionals like you have different needs, and we suggest exploring advanced detectors that suit your expertise.

We're actively working on distinguishing our brand and considering an original name, as you suggested.

We apologize for any confusion about the "waterproof" term and will clarify the water resistance of our products.

We've noted your feedback about accessories like the folding spade.

Thanks again

15 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:
More transparency about who you really are might help. Your website says nothing about the company corporate information, where it is located, etc. Your Facebook page says this:

About Sakobs
Sakobs – Easy to listen to sound, Easy life

【Who We are】 Welcome to Sakobs! We are an international leading soundbar manufacturer founded in 2005, focused on retail and Wholesale. We have self-developed many highly-rated electronics products, such as soundbars for computers and TV. Sakobs employs the most talented developers to create high-level products.

【Our Mission】 Sakobs provides users high-quality sound experience whenever gaming, meeting, watching a movie, etc. at a decent price. And make our products a companion in our customers' lives.

【Our purpose】 Sakobs always cherish every customer’s feedback on products and services to provide comfortable customer service. Today, Sakobs’s products and services are trusted by more than 1 million users worldwide. This encourages Sakobs to keep moving forward!

Soundbars?

So I did a Whois lookup on your domain and basically it looks like you are a front for Alibaba.

Domain Information

Domain: sakobs.com

Registered On: 2019-03-06
Expires On: 2024-03-06
Updated On: 2023-02-04

Name Servers:

dns29.hichina.com
dns30.hichina.com

Registrant Contact

State: guang dong

Email: https://whois.aliyun.com/whois/whoisForm

Raw Whois Data

Domain Name: sakobs.com
Registry Domain ID: 2366833994_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: grs-whois.hichina.com
Registrar URL: http://www.net.cn Updated Date: 2022-06-14T14:20:56Z Creation Date: 2019-03-06T20:20:53Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2024-03-06T20:20:53Z

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alibaba_Group

I think PimentoUK above gave about as good a commentary as you might hope for here. My basic reaction is this is a made in China detector available for quantity purchase and resold widely under various company names. The mentioned site eenour.com is also registered to Alibaba. A very low end entry level product by a company trying to obscure its origins, not something I’d personally have any interest in at all.

Hi,

As you rightly pointed out, we are indeed a manufacturer of metal detectors based in China, and our target audience consists of budget-conscious beginners and newbies. Our official website is https://sakobs.com/.

We respect your opinions and insights, but for many consumers with limited budgets, a metal detector that offers good value for money is crucial. While they may not possess the same level of professional experience and knowledge as you, beginners often find that a basic-level detector is sufficient. 

If they choose to delve deeper into the field and aspire to become as proficient as professionals like you, their preferences may align with yours, focusing on quality rather than what you referred to as "cheap machines."

Thanks again!

A fair answer and I respect you for it. I am all for more powerful detectors for more affordable prices. What I object to is the stealth tactics. Be forthright and accurate on your “About Us” pages. Be proud of what and who you are. Show the factory, show the people. Take a hint from Nokta on how to impress people like me and the others on this forum. This industry is full of bad actors and outright scams, and you don’t want to appear to be one of them.

Again, kudos for a well crafted professional response. I promise to be more respectful of you, your company, and it’s products in return.

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

A fair answer and I respect you for it. I am all for more powerful detectors for more affordable prices. What I object to is the stealth tactics. Be forthright and accurate on your “About Us” pages. Be proud of what and who you are. Show the factory, show the people. Take a hint from Nokta on how to impress people like me and the others on this forum. This industry is full of bad actors and outright scams, and you don’t want to appear to be one of them.

Again, kudos for a well crafted professional response. I promise to be more respectful of you, your company, and it’s products in return.

I sincerely appreciate your advice.

As a newcomer, I deeply apologize for any abruptness or offense caused.

As you mentioned, this industry is rife with various scams, and I am fully aware that even a single misstep can be detrimental. 

We have a realistic understanding of our position – our affordable metal detectors are tailored to those with extremely limited budgets, primarily beginners who are just starting out. 

We've been actively seeking reviewers and testers in this field because we value the genuine feedback and insights of professionals like yourself. Whether positive or critical, we are open and willing to listen and learn. This feedback serves as our space for growth and direction for optimization, allowing us to design and produce products that resonate more with consumers.

Thank you once again for your guidance.

It sounds to me like you're trying to bring a good affordable product to market for beginners and as long as your marketing is sincere about its ability and not over-stating its performance then this can only be a good thing if the price is right.

Too many brands even the top tier ones over use hype words like Professional or Pro even on rather low-end detectors and even pin pointers.   Yes, it sounds good but it gives the wrong impression which can be detrimental to future sales with negative feedback from buyers.

At the moment if I walk into local stores and look at generic cheap metal detectors, they're often very over stated, saying they're gold nugget detectors when they couldn't even work in the soil's nuggets are often found and lack the sensitivity to find many nuggets with very low frequencies like 7kHz or say they're beach detectors when they don't even work on the salty sand especially if wet.

Many of these detectors brandish the Gold Century branding or are rebadged detectors from the Gold Century range.  Your detector is obviously the same detector as the Eenour detector so is it a rebadge of yours or yours their detector that they are branding from your production? 

I see you've sent some out to people to review and a review from an American Youtube person here

I'm pleased it's not running off the stolen Gold Bug Pro or Teknetics T2 software like many of the Chinese made detectors and looks like a built from scratch detector.

I think it has potential if it was to appear in retail stores at the right price for beginners and children.  I like the shaft design too.