Ring Returned After An 8 Week Loss

Eight weeks ago, a lady lost one of her rings that went to her wedding set. She posted on Facebook approximately where it was lost, and it was right where the surf was breaking. The ring was part of a 3-ring set, all with diamonds and marked 19K, and they all came off at once. She was able to recover 2 of them immediately but couldn't find the last ring. The diamonds were from her mother's wedding ring, and she was devastated. I was there the next morning in a very rough surf, hunting the shoreline and nothing turned up. It was a short hunt as the waves were blasting me into the shore and I thought I am going to break my machine if I keep going. The surf was bad for a few days, and nothing was to be found. I told her not to give up as we can find rings that were lost for years. Every so often I would go to this beach and hunt that particular area, but no ring. Last night there was a nice low tide and a 2-foot cut in the sand. I went hunting just with the intention of hopefully finding something good not even thinking about her ring. The water was too rough to get in and as I was walking the wet sand, in the general area where her ring was lost. I got a nice "10" reading on the Manticore and a ring was in the scoop. It was only several inches under the sand and could have been found by just about any other machine. It was the lost ring from 8 weeks ago. So, I would say that it had probably sank almost 2 feet in the surf and sand and because of the 2-foot cut and extra low tide it was now found. Quite a few people had searched for it earlier but gave up. I found a few green coins and a heavily encrusted silver cross too. Went back this morning but it was pretty much sanded in. Here are a few pictures of the ring and return. 

lost ringa.jpeg

lost ringb.jpeg

lost ringc.jpeg

lost ringd.jpeg

lost irng 1.jpeg

lost ring2.jpeg

5 minutes ago, strick said:

Love that smile effect when you find something they thought they would never see again..NICE WORK!!

strick

She was absolutely "over the moon" that it had been found. I messaged her this morning with a couple pics, and she couldn't wait to get out of work to come and get it. Real happy lady!

That was meant to be. Good on you Sir.

Great recovery and return, so glad that someone else didn't find it and scrap it out for the money.

Good luck and good hunting on your next outing.

Nice one Okara!

You really put in the persistence on that one. 🏆 Probably not thinking about it helped. Great story!

Awesome ring and story!  Congratulations!