Unexpected Coin Hunt

Pretty nice condition coins too.

• Like 2

Very nice!  I did a similar u-turn for a sidewalk tear out on one side of the state capitol about six weeks ago and got nothing worth mentioning.

- Dave

• Like 1

Nice to say the least and couldn't have happened to a better person.

I missed the chance to check out the ground when the County replaced the side walks at the old court house.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

Nice opportunity.

I'm sure if there was anything other than Indian Heads there you would have found it. 👍

I miss finding IHPs. If that 1864 is more copper than bronze it's a rare bird. It definitely has more of a copper look to it! 

• Like 1

Good stop!  Some of the improvements on a site hide some goodies.

I keep kicking myself for not stopping at a school auditorium near me that was torn down a couple of years ago ... and then there was a caferteria ...

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 8:18 PM, JCR said:

Pretty nice condition coins too.

Surprisingly good condition in my neck of the woods. They look better in real life too. I was shocked by the fact that there were no pits in the fields section of the coin. Smooth.

On 9/2/2023 at 10:05 PM, UT Dave said:

Very nice!  I did a similar u-turn for a sidewalk tear out on one side of the state capitol about six weeks ago and got nothing worth mentioning.

- Dave

I don't do them very often, but they are usually a bust for me as well.

On 9/3/2023 at 2:39 AM, CPT_GhostLight said:

Way to jump on that opportunity, sohN, and congrats on the coppers, well done!

Thanks. I have to fight myself to drive back home and do this, but it just looked too good to be true 😄

On 9/3/2023 at 4:12 AM, Valens Legacy said:

Nice to say the least and couldn't have happened to a better person.

I missed the chance to check out the ground when the County replaced the side walks at the old court house.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Thank You. Even though I didn't get silver (which would have been Seated or Barber), I was very happy to get Indians. I got to do some old area dirt hunting again. I really miss it.

On 9/3/2023 at 7:36 AM, jim tn said:

Good catch on the park tear outs. Those are some nice, older, I H's. HH jim tn

Thanks. Usually they are 1900's Indians. That was the first thing I noticed was the earlier dates. Was hoping for a  '77 but no dice!

On 9/4/2023 at 7:46 AM, F350Platinum said:

Nice opportunity.

I'm sure if there was anything other than Indian Heads there you would have found it. 👍

I miss finding IHPs. If that 1864 is more copper than bronze it's a rare bird. It definitely has more of a copper look to it! 

Same here, I miss finding Indians as well. I never get the rare stuff, so it's bronze by default. 😅.

3 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

I'd call that a not too shabby haul right thayah ! 

👍

Thank ya. It was just enough to get the old blood pressure up a bit.

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Good stop!  Some of the improvements on a site hide some goodies.

I keep kicking myself for not stopping at a school auditorium near me that was torn down a couple of years ago ... and then there was a caferteria ...

I've missed so many opportunities over the years that I've lost count. The biggest one was a huge pond that was drained for 1 year before I saw a You Tube video on it. It goes back to colonial times. Only 15 minutes from my house 😭 By the time I went there, The reeds grew back, but I still pulled 2 gold rings from it. I cringe to tell you whet others found there. 🙄

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 2