Snakes, Thorns And Other Causes For Concern

Rad Rocks

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Sad when so many people laugh at your post.

I think we assumed the last sentence was a joke.  Was it not?  Quite sure no-one was trying to offend you VL 👍

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Sad when so many people laugh at your post.

I'll try to do better next time.

VL, 1st off the Enginuity of your alert system is priceless in a meaningful way.  So many different ways to share/learn and what better than from other prospectors and the tricks/ways we find to make things work and or fail.  Hat's off to you and your very educated Grandfather.

As for the laughs my friend, no hard feelings please.  Sometimes we laugh as in (that's one way of doing things = chuckle genius).  Laughter is a good sign, I sure hope so anyway.  I've been laughed right off this forum a time or two and have learned....well no I haven't.  But I accept it because you guys are my friends in the MD'ing community.  Besides, from a keyboard, it so hard to get a feel for how something is being said and can easily be twisted/turned.  Please don't take a laughing face as something negative, especially with a bunch of old cagey internet thugs like us.  Heck, I enjoy a laugh/chuckle and even laugh out loud at myself on occasion, just to make others around me wonder?

All is good my friend and your Grandfather was very talented with the tools around him.

The snakes on the ground is not so much a problem as the ones that will walk up behind you. When nugget hunting I really like to have my headphones on being my hearing is not as good anymore .

Think of it this way It would be better for you to miss that small low signal than to lose your life. I don’t care if you’re male or female we just don’t need to be out there alone anymore.

I don’t know if my wife loves me are she just don’t have enough life insurance on me that she don’t want me going it alone anymore.

Hug your wife and kids everyday but be sure to tell them you love them. Even like my oldest son just turned 56 I still do it.

Chuck 

I  laughed at VL's post because I assumed when he wrote they "were panning , for a while anyway" to mean they became bored and engaged in some amorous outdoor activity , getting caught in the act . I think a number of us thought the same thing , and that it's funny . Having had that sort of experience myself on a supposedly deserted beach , and with the young lady desperately trying to cover up I said " why bother , they have already seen everything anyway " ! You have to laugh about things like that .  I hope VL understands where my laugh came from .

9 hours ago, Hunterjunk said:

I  laughed at VL's post because I assumed when he wrote they "were panning , for a while anyway" to mean they became bored and engaged in some amorous outdoor activity , getting caught in the act . I think a number of us thought the same thing , and that it's funny . Having had that sort of experience myself on a supposedly deserted beach , and with the young lady desperately trying to cover up I said " why bother , they have already seen everything anyway " ! You have to laugh about things like that .  I hope VL understands where my laugh came from .

That was the exact picture I saw painted as well.. This was a ”Laughing With” situation and  Most certainly not “Laughing at” one. Your post was Fine “ValensLegacy”, Both Fine and appreciated Imo.🤙🏻 

(And I have indeed been stumbled upon while taking, too long awhile myself.😉)

9 hours ago, Hunterjunk said:

Well you were correct about the whole situation alright, and I know that it was funny in a way.

I had to make sure that I didn't share a photo of what happened to us.

I was just kidding on the last post, and hope that people understand that I can say some things that are sometimes funny. Of course it was funny when those people showed up, but it really didn't bother us to much, and we were able to finish what was started later that night.

There is no more in life more beneficial to a person than to laugh at himself when he makes a mistake.

A couple of Grim reminders, but I’d much rather them be taken as Some Food For Thought…  

Sometimes, for whatever reason one just cannot Jump outta the way Fast enough… No Matter how spry. Sometimes, like ol’ Mr.Fassler*, one gets far too bold and pays a high price. But Usually, Like in the case of “Daniel Steininger”**, One just doesn't see it Coming… Thankfully, Chance is indeed on our side, I am well aware of the Simple math… But I am Also aware of Entropy, and Entropy WILL ensue, It ALWAYS does, Eventually..(Its a Law). Basically, MURPHY IS out there.. And so are his Friends..

That $150 spent on some boots, The $60-$200 spent on chaps or gaiters may sting a bit at first…But that “Sting” quickly fades into peace of mind, and that “Peace of Mind” is well worth it IMO… And also IMO, The sting pales in comparison to the feeling of buying a bunch of Strangers a House!…Seriously.

(This is Obviously Regarding The snakes that Slither and Not the ones that Smile..) 

*Photo CBS News “Reciept”: This was going around a while back in 2015..And yeah, It’s Real… It’s from a Man Named Todd Fassler. IMG_0292.thumb.jpeg.c4c7d2958d29d5ffa12fabe308f656aa.jpeg
** “Bite”Banner health credit Photo: 2023, Actual Bite Wound received while On a Hike with his Wife on a Well worn Mesa AZ. Trail, Was airlifted, received  Anti-Venom in the Air. Made a full recovery. Daniel Steininger 77.IMG_0293.thumb.jpeg.a440d6c6045d446c2fe9c6b6985db274.jpeg

The Ones that Smile…

IMG_0301.jpeg.8e8a0161b5972e2705b903705ecfdccf.jpeg

A while back some folks may have heard about what happened up in Kingman regarding Retta Atkins “The Gold Lady” and her Husband, Darren Vanhouten.Such a Shame, I have been wondering about this and poked around. I am relieved a bit knowing that this particular Snake is no longer out there and it appears as if they have this Tragedy fairly sorted out.** I posted links below for More information. 

Take Care.

IMG_0301.thumb.jpeg.0d3ab22f2cefbcfe1eff214dc21d9a27.jpeg

*https://www.icmj.com/resources/news-and-events/miners-news/retta-atkins-the-gold-lady-and-spouse-victim-of-double-homicide-465/

**https://www.havasunews.com/free_access/sheriff-maricopa-burglary-suspect-may-be-linked-to-kingman-gold-lady-murder/article_e1a2d008-cce1-11ed-97ba-ffe3f244707b.html#

By the way the boots I just bought for detectt are amazingly comfortable. If anyone is needing to get a new pair of detecting boots, I would highly recommend trying these Thorogood gen-flex2 boots. 

In my area I still struggle with people between my.....Plans.

Missed the super early wake up this morning and waiting them to leave the fuc....g beach at a decent time before sunset.

I might need a grenade or more🤬☢️