Snakes, Thorns And Other Causes For Concern

Rad Rocks

Boy that’s a keeper for sure the timber rattler in the sierras was known to get up to 14/16  in the old days   Not many around anymore what a specimen thanks for that pic  

59 minutes ago, Drellim said:

Boy that’s a keeper for sure the timber rattler in the sierras was known to get up to 14/16  in the old days   Not many around anymore what a specimen thanks for that pic  

14/16 what? certainly not feet!!

The Eastern Diamondback is the world's largest rattlesnake and they don't get that big!

I had to look twice at that pic, I think there is some forced perspective happening making that snake look bigger than it is. I see prairie rattlers 5-10 a day some places here and I've never seen one half the size it looks in that pic.

Still a big one for sure either way though! 

This is what we called a big snake in Brisbane, Australia... a 16 footer

21 hours ago, phrunt said:

This is what we called a big snake in Brisbane, Australia... a 16 footer

We have some of those as well here in Florida, occasionally some are even bigger, they are a invasive species, people got them a pets and when they got too big they released them in the Everglades (swamps) and they have reproduced very rapidly and now they are killing/eating most of the native wildlife to the point many are becoming endangered!!

We have the same issue with the large lizards (Iguanas and Monitor type lizards) people got as pets and released as they got too big.