A Couple More Heavenly Lake Finds

I am fortunate to have several lakes to hunt which are between 5 - 100 miles from me. Some of them have fluctuating water levels and if you time it right you can get to dry areas that were submerged during the summer. At one lake I was probably a week late and missed out on some good hunting. At another lake, I was likely a couple days late and despite seeing signs of previous hunters I was able to still have some productive hunts before the water level was returned to normal.

During my last 2 hunts I found a gold crucifix and a small gold St. Mary medallion. Both had their hoops intact so the chains holding them must have broke or opened up. I spent a lot of time looking for the chains, that may or may not have been there, to no avail. (one of these days!) I can't wait for the beaches to get productive again. The lake circuit has been fun but, to me, so much more work and more trash than I find in the wet beach sand. 

IMG_20231011_132718.jpg

IMG_20231016_130529__01.jpg

IMG_20231018_083414__01.jpg

Nice finds Compass  !   Some nice color in that pile ! 🖖

Time well spent lake hunting..

A lot of lakes reduce levels this time of the year.

Good reminder to check your local puddle levels  !🥸

Wow. Awesome finds. Cleaner than beach finds 😊, that's a big plus! I always wanted to do some lakes in my area, but I'm not sure if they are off limits.  Worth the extra digging you had to do because of the trash.

8 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

More great finds, Compass, well done and congrats on the silver and gold! 😎

Thanks CPT, It's been a good detecting year for me so far and a productive winter would be icing on the cake.

2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Nice finds Compass  !   Some nice color in that pile ! 🖖

Time well spent lake hunting..

A lot of lakes reduce levels this time of the year.

Good reminder to check your local puddle levels  !🥸

Thanks rvp, You are spot-on about the lakes. Sometimes you can even find recently posted fishing videos to to help monitor the lake levels.

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Wow. Awesome finds. Cleaner than beach finds 😊, that's a big plus! I always wanted to do some lakes in my area, but I'm not sure if they are off limits.  Worth the extra digging you had to do because of the trash.

Thanks school, That silver chain and ring were dark gray when I found them but, yes, cleaned up MUCH easier than salt-water silver. Even an off-limit lake authority might be interested in having someone remove trash for free, especially, if they see the hazardous items we remove (fish hooks, lead, batteries, nails, broken bottles, can slaw, etc., etc., etc.).

Well done.  I've only done a little bit of lake hunting in Havasu and that was many years ago.

I'm eagerly awaiting a 'return to normal' swells if the southern Pacific and El Nino kick in as they predict.

Very nice finds at the lake and hope you have more luck at the other lakes.

Stay safe out there and good luck.