Nfd 90 Metal Detector

Many people thinking 1 MD can handle all situations and conditions... But it will be just compromise 

Good question what is depth? Did you saw my tests in the ground with small pices of iron near the surface? Try to repeat that with your MDs...  They will lose depth no mater multi or single freq. with fastest speed in settings 

Concentric coils been tested, DD is better for mineral ground and separation. NFD 90 made to see hard targets (low conducted coins & jewelery size) thru iron... For nuggets better use MD without Disc 

Weather don't let me do tests... So it will take some time. There are 3 users with NFD 90 for now so it will be reviews and responses. There was some remarks so I made changes to improve it

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ysabxe said:

There was some remarks so I made changes to improve it

I noticed in your videos that the NFD90 signals on targets are ( very ) slow ( elongated ) compared to other detectors like the XPs , Tesoros , Teknetics etc which provide sharper signals ..  

I prefer fast signals  because they give more accuracy and a better target recovery . And because they allow a faster coil sweep speed.  This is a great plus in iron infested sites 

Do you think it is possible to update the NFD90 to get something faster ? thanks

• Like 2

Machine looks promising. I would like to see it in action in a real world hunt where iron infestation is an issue like old barns, cellar holes etc. and where people dumped their burned coal. I'm less concerned over highly mineralized soil here because that is generally near wetland and not where there would be high concentrations of refined iron which is more of an issue.

Open fields iron contamination isn't as concentrated and targets much more spread out. There are many machines that would be tough to compete with in those conditions. I tend to hunt where the higher concentration of activity was first. Those areas are brutal with new machines.

If it can pick out a silver dime 8"-9" in mild ground then I think you got something there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, palzynski said:

I noticed in your videos that the NFD90 signals on targets are ( very ) slow ( elongated ) compared to other detectors like the XPs , Tesoros , Teknetics etc which provide sharper signals

palzynski, you are trying to compare work of your MDs with NFD 90... the thing is recovery here momentum (uncomparable in other words), you can move coil fast or slow (no diffirance), if target present under the coil you will not miss it. Monte wanted more sharper and usual sound ID on depth... that what I'm working on and will show results soon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm late to the party....90kHz......just make the ground balance manually adjustable over the complete range so the operator can move the gb hole around so he can focus the 90kHz where he wants to.   If possible add a fine balance to control the hole size....be nice if you could hear the null ramp down, ramp up, not just a digital break.   Audio needs to be responsive to the target....tiny dense targets sounds tiny dense, medium sounds medium, large sounds large.   90 kHz will just be a noise maker in non-ferrous trash unless you give the audio some intelligence.

Anyway....my nickel.

HH
Mike

• Like 3

If the machine has good audio modulation then you can judge older targets by depth over the superficial trash.

Hunting around properties the trash I run into is usually bits of flashing sometimes foil from bbq's that met its match from mowers. I tend to listen for the deeper stuff.