Go Terrain Test And Cool Relic

F350Platinum

Thanks for sharing your experience with Go Terrain. I went out today and completely space out that I had down loaded the app until I was ready to leave. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth, I have no problem identifying where I've been πŸ™‚

LL5.jpg

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

Thanks for sharing your experience with Go Terrain. I went out today and completely space out that I had down loaded the app until I was ready to leave. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth, I have no problem identifying where I've been πŸ™‚

Awesome pic Dan! 🀣 I can see why you use a pick, and yeah, only rain or wind would erase your footprints and digs there 😏 walking on corn trash is another story.

Next time I'll set up grid stakes and really give it a go, but OnX Hunt allows you to track yourself, record pics and info, and even edit your track later when you forget to turn it off. It also works well with a flip phone, I saw Chase using one and hadda have it because it fits in the average cargo pocket with a big battery attached. 😁 Hope ya got some great stuff! πŸ€

• Like 1

Found it! It's the device that goes through the side of a banjo for the bolt that holds the rim down over the skin.Β cbmjmjn9x3f0jyuce76s.jpg.dc0b95169d0aab24e23084e2098441e2.jpgabhftoqgov8r5rjcyi1m.jpg.aec21653110aa1020755e08c38029b3c.jpg

It's called a "Banjo Shoe".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The app sounds good but since phone needs to stay on and uses blue tooth you probably should bring a charging pack for the phone. Your phone should have geo data already when you take a picture and that should show on a map. iphone has them in the photo album that way.

You sure the squiggles was not you wandering all over? I tend to hunt in what I think is straight lines only to keep seeing the holes I already dug lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kac said:

The app sounds good but since phone needs to stay on and uses blue tooth you probably should bring a charging pack for the phone. Your phone should have geo data already when you take a picture and that should show on a map. iphone has them in the photo album that way.

You sure the squiggles was not you wandering all over? I tend to hunt in what I think is straight lines only to keep seeing the holes I already dug lol

Ha, yeah I'm that old. 🀣 I do have a battery pack but the Z-Flip is so long when open it doesn't fit in my pocket with the battery attached. Fine folded, but that shuts off whatever comms it has with the coil to grab IDs.DBL4500DL-Black-White_20cb52ed-e9de-4f59-a884-fa81d6423b42.thumb.jpg.29faf22d5050a64b82f0e04b564ec9f1.jpg

I turn off location data on my pics, something I learned long ago reading articles on how people will use that data to go where you were. Doesn't matter here where I have cameras, but other locations might be a problem πŸ€”Β 

The digger worked out great for me today except maybe the really deep targets. πŸ˜€ I can only dig with one hand right now.

• Like 2

Great review Bob. Β Thank you. Β I too thought it would be impossible for me to carry my detector in my left, the scoop in my right and my phone in my "third hand".Β πŸ˜…

I see the value for me being registering my finds with time, date, lat/long, depth, TID Β and photo. Β Having said that I'm still more than a novice with this new tool right now. Β More later.....

• Like 3

I tried the app out yesterday and it was going crazy sending me constant notifications and dropping target pins all over the place.Β  I was running on Auto mode, but I think next time I will have to set it to Push (hold down on the middle button to register a target).

• Like 3

Thanks for your review, F350! I kind of figured it would be similar to Tect O Trak but with auto finds and TID logging. I may still try it out just to see what's what, but I rarely use Tect O Trak anymore either. However I do like the idea of using the Push mode to manually record a target TID and location on the fly with the remote on a large relic site. 😏

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, iron_buzz said:

I tried the app out yesterday and it was going crazy sending me constant notifications and dropping target pins all over the place.Β  I was running on Auto mode, but I think next time I will have to set it to Push (hold down on the middle button to register a target).

Good choice, either sensitivity is too high or you're in a trashy area or both. πŸ™‚ The farm in front of my house isn't too bad and I'm running sensitivity at 90.