Another Bbs/fbs V.s. New Multi-frequency Detectors Questions

When I do hunt, I still use the Dinosaur, Minelab Excalibur BBS.. And a PI, the Fisher AQ. At 71 I think I'm either to stub-born or just too old to change? All of my hunting is in the water, brackish/salt mix so weight is not a problem. It does seem from the few I hunt with that use the Noxs and Manticores, and one time the D2, (stock coils) say they are a little chatty. I know my excalibur with the stock 10 inch can also be a little chatty but with coil control and hunting in All metal, 99% of the time with 3/4 sensitivity I seem to do better on the deeper targets. The few times we have compared targets the excalibur can see deeper, large good targets (gold and coins) that read iron for them or they can't hear them at all.  One thing we all know the excalibur is very weak on the little gold and that goes for mine also. I'm almost convinced the Newer machine are deeper on the open beach but seem to lose that once they go into the saltwater? My bad is I do like to hunt alone, maybe this coming year I can change that habit. And get more time in with other machines.

My Excalibur's are stock other than the headphones, which our my own design, and the remote disc button.

Also one thing that does keep me from getting a new machine, not sure if I could take in all of the settings. If I hunted the open beach, I would have one because of the weight.